4 || after the afterparty

I've been the archerI've been the preyWho could ever leave me, darling?But who could stay?-The Archer, Taylor Swift

I've been the prey
Who could ever leave me, darling?
But who could stay?
-The Archer, Taylor Swift

I've been the archerI've been the preyWho could ever leave me, darling?But who could stay?-The Archer, Taylor Swift

November 16th, 2015
Avengers Tower, New York City

It's the early hours of the morning and the Avengers are gathered in one of the many labs of Avengers Tower. Nobody has even changed out of their party attire; Natasha has put on a zip-up hoodie and Aria's wearing her father's suit jacket to hide her cut-covered arms, though she disappeared from the lab a while ago and nobody's particularly worried about her current whereabouts. There are much bigger issues at hand.

"All our work is gone." Bruce says, "Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron.", Steve says, his spite at the word evident.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance." Nat crosses her arms over her chest, "Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Julia glares at Tony and Bruce, "Well, I'm starting to realize that we might not know that much about each other anyway."

There's a faint bang, the slam of a door down the hallway, before the door swings open, almost flying off its hinges. Aria storms in, moving a mile a minute, her hands balled into fists at her sides. Her usually glossy hair hangs limply and is matted after a long night; she makes a b-line for her father, giving him a swift, harsh shove backwards.

"Are you happy? Are you fucking happy?" she yells, continuing to push him backwards, as he stumbles over his own feet.

"Ari, stop." Steve grabs her arm and pulls her backwards.

"Ow!" he exclaims.

"He's erased half the Bucky files. So, good job." she declares, stone-faced.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey suggests.

"Nuclear codes." Hill says blankly.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey declares.