Chapter Four: Presto Change-O

Edited: 25/08/2022

Liam POV

"Ladies and gentlemen. Time for a moment of amazement from master magician Presto Change-O" Preston announced, as he stood in the center of the cafeteria.

"Yeah Pres!" Sarah cheered.

"You can do it!" I cheered.

We all cheered for him.

"It's a magic show." Brody said.

"Let's hope this works." Sarah said.

"I'm sure Preston can do it." I reassured.

"Behold, an entirely empty hat." Preston said, as he showed the hat.

"Hold on there, Change-O." Victor said, standing up as he interrupts him.

'What does he want now.' I think to myself.

We were frustrated by Victor.

"Let me see that hat." Victor said, as he walks up to Preston and took his hat.

"Hey, you can't-" Preston started trying to argue.

"Empty hat, eh?" Victor said as he pulled out a rabbit.

"A rabbit. Amazing. It's magic." Preston said.

Everyone at the cafeteria started booing at him, and some even threw their trash at him. Preston walked down from his stage with a disappointed look.

〔𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚆𝚃𝙷〕

The school bell rang as, Brody and I decided to comfort Preston. At his locker.

"Don't worry, Presto. Just keep practicing, your magic tricks will get better." Brody said.

"He's right, don't let what Victor did today get to you." I said.

"When I was about 5, my parents took me to a magic show. He made this dragon bracelet appeared on my wrist." Preston said, as he shows us his bracelet. "Ever since then all I wanted to be was a magician. I keep trying and trying, but my tricks never fool anybody."

"I trained to be a ninja since I could walk, it was a struggle but one day it started to click." Brody said, as he placed his hand on Preston's shoulder comforting him.

Suddenly we heard thumping. "What's that?" Brody asked.

Preston reaches into his hat and pulled out a rabbit.

"There you go see that trick was flawless." Brody said.

"No Brody, you don't get it." Preston said, as he hands Brody the rabbit and lifts up a cover that was covering a cage with a rabbit in it. "This is my rabbit. I-I-I only have one." He said, showing us the rabbit.

"Than where did this other come from?" Brody asked.

"Yeah if it's not yours than where did it come from?" I asked.

Preston heard more thumping from his hat, and pull out another rabbit. "I have no idea where they're coming from." Preston said, as he shakes his top hat. "It's not a trick. Magic must be starting to click for me. Like you said I can do real magic."

"Well maybe, why don't I take your furry friends to a pet store, while you and Liam go talk to Mick." Brody suggested. "Cause I think the Ninja steel might have something to do with this." He said.

"Yeah, Mick um talk to Mick um-" Preston said, as Brody walks away. "I always knew magic was real."

"I think we should go talk to Mick about this." I said, and we begin making our way towards the base.