Chapter 3

Episode 2 (part 1)

All the foot print owners were getting questioned. It was Myung Hee's turn so she sat down and the interrogation began. Officer asked, "so what were you doing there." To which Myung Hee answered, "Prof. Seo called me there, he called me to talk about my brother." officer,  "about your brother?  Why would he ask about your brother." Myung Hee sighed and replied,  "my father was prof.  Seo close colleague, since our parents died he always asked for updates. I have answered your questions can I go now?"

Officer asked, "not yet, did you notice anything weird, his behaviour or anything suspicious." Myung Hee looked at him with a sharp look and answered,  "If I did I would have told you by now. I will take my leave." saying that she got up and left making the police officers sigh in frustration and say, "all the law school students are so arrogant, they answered like they were doing a favour on us." To which the other officer replied, "yeah seriously, it's not like we want to do it when we have already caught the culprit."

Myung Hee clenched her fist hearing all this and left the room. Going out she saw Joon Hwi waiting for her. Seeing him she smiled and said,  "let's go" Joon Hwi nodded and they went their way.

Joon Hwi and Myung Hee came to the cafetaria with Prof. Jung's notes keeping it on the table where Ji Ho was eating Joon Hwi said, "this is Prof. Jung's old exam parer, join us in the study room." After that the whole group studied for the exams.

NEXT DAY 

Everyone was seated ready to give the paper. The superviser said, "start" and everyone took the question paper in their hands, looking at the questions everyone looked at Joon Hwi to check if he is okay or not. 

FLASH BACK

MS.  Oh came into  the class of Civil code, the TA shared the screen and Ms.  Oh asked,  "who all saw this petition on the bulletin board." All the students raised their hands except Joon Hwi and Myung Hee. She then said,  "I heard that the students who put it up are here." Joon hwi and Myung Hee stood up. Seeing them get up Prof. Kang said,  "go take it down. " To which Joon Hwi replied, "we wouldn't have bothered getting the permission then."

Prof. Kang,  "so you are saying you won't take it down. Girl besides him, you go take it down." Myung Hee replied,  "sorry sir my answer is same as him." Hearing this Prof. Kang said, 'why you two-" Ms Oh interuppted him and said,  "wait. You two what's your names." They both said their names and Ms. Oh continued, "the school will take legal actions against you two based on Article 370-2 of Criminal code and Article 750 of Civil code. You'll be held liable for all the damages caused by your statement. Hire an attorney." saying this they left.

The next day Ms. Oh came and showed the proof and said, "this proves there is nothing unlawfully about appointing him. Do not expect any leniency. We'll hold a disciplinary hearing and decide to expel you or cancel your admission." Myung Hee got up and said,  "we didn't know it was false allegation." Joon Hwi got up and added, "yes, Article 307-2 of Criminal code states that the alleged fact must be false and the one making it should be aware that it is false in order for it to qualify as defamation. If the person believed it that it was true, it can't be considered as an illegal act. "

Ms. Oh smiled sarcastically and said,  "so you are saying you believed it?  That means you don't trust the school." Before any of the two could reply Prof. Seo said,  "it means they don't believe me.  I always said that freebies are considered as bribes,  yet I accepted free land as a gift. I get why they don't understand me." Saying this all the prof took their leave.

Joon Hwi and Myung Hee were in the car with Prof. Seo. (Myung Hee sat on the front seat.) Prof. Seo said, "you both quit the judicial exam and even got yourselves in trouble here. Just what are you doing?" Joon Hwi looked at him upset and replied, "just whose fault you think it is that we gave up? Make a donation and leave.  We don't want you here." Prof. Seo sighed and looked at Myung Hee and said,  "he still has me, you don't have any relatives,  must you risk your future as well." Myung Hee looked at him and answered, "I know what I'm doing uncle."

Prof. Seo dissapointed asked, "must you both do this?" Joon Hwi replied, "yes. We came here so we don't turn out like you. We refuse to learn from you. Don't you know you are not qualified to teach at any law school?" Prof. Seo sighed and said,  "as for the bribe I was found not guilty." Joon Hwi looked at him with anger and replied,  "it was because they couldn't prove it. Stop toying with the law and deceiving people.  I'm sick of asking you how you ended up in this mess. I don't care what you do uncle, just stay away from both of us." Saying this Joon Hwi got out of the car, Myung Hee stayed behind as she wanted to talk to Prof. Seo.

Myung Hee looked at Prof. Seo emotionally and said, "since childhood I had very few people caring for me and you were one of them. I really think of you as my uncle, but what you did has greatly hurted the both of us since we really respected you and looked up to your position, but you misused it." Joon Hwi hit the car window as soon as Myung Hee finished speaking making her jump and scream, 'Yah you scared me! Why would you do that!"  she excused her self and got down, Joon Hwi waited for her so they could go together,  but she turned to go to the pharmacy.

Coming back on the campus she called him and asked

"Yah where are you!?"

"In the copy room."

"you better stay where you are or else you are dead!!" and hanged up the phone.

She reached the copy room she headlocked Joon Hwi and said,  "Yah your anger almost gave me a heart attack! And see what you got by doing that, you got yourself hurt! you pabo! Seriously grow up!" saying this she removed the ointment and started to treat Joon Hwi's hand. After applying the bandage she sighed and said, "try punching a pillow next time. Anyways what did I miss?" Joon Hwi gave her all the updated and said, "Yah, why did you have to stand up with me, if you fought my case we would have won." Myung Hee looked confused for a second, Joon Hwi eyed pointing at Sol A making her realize what's going on and asked, "isn't Sol A fighting for us?"

Hearing this Dong Il scoffed and said, "find someone else she can't do it. She said self-comfort instead of slf-help, I'm sure you got better choices." Hearing this Sol A said, "what if I do it?" Dong Il replied, "but you can't" Sol A took the bait and said, "hire me if I pull this off!" Dong Il replied, "okay cool deal." Seeing all this Myung Hee hold back her laugh and said, "Sol A our future is in your hands! I believe you!"

The Trail was won by Joon Hwi and Myung Hee since the case was dropped by Sol A who couldn't switch the role and gave up.

END OF THE FALSH BACK

Myung Hee sighed finishing the paper and looked at the clock, seeing more 5 mins left she kept her head down and sobbed silently at the memory of Prof. Seo, after all he was like a uncle to her. Looking at how some tears fell on the paper she wiped her tears and the bell rang. She looked up when a student said, "sir she is still writing, she can't do that." She turned around to see that Sol A is still writing even after the supervisor gave her warning to stop, Myung Hee sighed knowing the outcome and hope Sol A didn't fail.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Part 1 done!! 

Hope you guys liked it

Do comment your thoughts below

Vote if you liked the chapter

Add this book to your reading list for further updates

Stay Happy Stay Safe 💜