Chapter 17

Episode 6 (part 1)

Myung Hee went to Myung Min's grandmother's place, the caretaker of the place called her saying that she has found some folder and pen drive, so she called her to check. Hoping they are the right evidence she went to the place. Reaching there she greeted the caretaker and asked, "how is grandma now? Oh take these fruits, I got it for her,  don't tell her I got them." The caretaker smiled and replied, "She is fine, she is getting better." Hearing this Myung Hee smiled and said, "that's good to hear. Where are the documents and the pen drive you found Miss?"

The caretaker said, "first come have a drink, you traveled a lot,  you must be tired." Myung Hee smiled and replied, "I don't want to disturb her, let her rest." Hearing this the caretaker sighed and said, "wait I will get the things you want,  do you need water or a drink at least?" Myung Hee just nodded a no in reply and the caretaker went to get the things while Myung Hee sat on the garden table.

After a minute the caretaker was back and handed her the folder,  Myung Hee removed her laptop and switched it on, and read the documents first, but turns out it was for an old case,  but took a picture just in case and connected the pen drive to the laptop and saw that there was nothing related to what she is searching.

Myung Hee was thinking about where the clue might be when suddenly a voice came, "what are you doing here?" Myung Hee looked up to see her grandma, Myung Hee got up and bowed greeting her and saying, "I'm here to get my father's documents for my reference, I was going back anyway, sorry to disturb you." Saying that Myung Hee started to pack everything. The grandma said, "come inside since you are here."

Hearing this Myung Hee looked up shocked and said, 'oh ye-yes, thank you for having me." And entered the house, while grandma instructed the caretaker to make refreshments for them. After Myung Hee sat down grandma looked at her sweetly and asked, "how is Min ah doing?" Myung Hee smiled and lied saying, "he is doing good, uncle park's family is taking good care of him."

Grandma made an angry face and said, "stop lying, he has left them, you took him away. Do you think, I don't talk to anyone or don't know anything? Do you think I'm dumb since I'm old?" Hearing this Myung Hee nodded a no and before she could speak grandma continued, "Myung Min accidentally said he left their house and I asked my son what happened."

Myung Hee looked down guilty and said, "sorry for lying I didn't mean -" Grandma sighed and said, "it's okay,  where is Min ah living now? Myung Hee replied, "my friends' house,  her mom takes good care of him,  plus I give him enough allowance to stay."  Hearing this Grandma said, "good, but how are you giving him allowance?" Myung Hee smiled and said, "before marriage, the flat me and mother lived in, mother had taken it on my name, so I have given it on rent and I'm living in the dorm of law school." Grandma a little surprised asked, "Is that enough for you?" Myung Hee replied, "yes,  as I don't have any expenses, I have gotten a scholarship so it makes things a lot easier, plus I have some savings."

Hearing all this grandma nodded and said, "thank you for taking good care of Min ah, you are very mature, I like that. I would like to apologize for the way I have acted in the past." Myung Hee smiled happily and replied, "please don't say that, it's not your fault, any mother would do the same as you,  it's not easy to accept your son's wife under such conditions, so I was not hurt by any of that, please don't apologize. Plus after them passing away, you have already accepted me, so please forget the past."

Hearing the words Grandma smiled and said, "I wish I had accepted you earlier. My son was right, you are very likable, he used to say, when he met you the first time he was shocked about how you accepted everything and how happy you were for them." The caretaker brought the refreshments and grandma gestured Myung Hee to have some, she started eating the cookie and drank the tea, grandma continued, "if you need any help, from now on come to me, other family members are selfish they won't help, I'm still here for you and Min ah."

Myung Hee nodded and said, "I will keep that in mind, I will have to take a leave grandma, please enjoy the fruits." Bowing down to grandma and thanking the caretaker for refreshments she left, on the way to the bus stop she took her phone to see she had a missed call from 10 mins go she called back and said,

"Hello Myung Hee speaking."

"Are you Ki Myung Min's big sister?"

"Yes I am, may I know what's wrong"

"There is a complaint filed against your brother for hitting a person with a stone, your presence is required."

"What!? I'm on my way"

Myung Hee ended the call and without wasting time she took a taxi. Reaching the police station Myung Hee rushed inside and saw Sol A and Joon Hwi there as well. She asked, "Jooonie what happened? Why did Min ah hit someone, who did he hit and-"

Joon Hwi got up and held her and made her sit down and said, "Min ah and Sol A's sister Beyol met Lee Man Ho on the way back, they both got scared and Min ah threw a stone at him and Beyol sprayed pepper spray on him, plus Beyol had circulated the page about him being their neighbor around for her friend's to know so he came to know about this and filed a complaint."

Hearing all this Myung Hee panicked more and asked, "what is Lee Man Hoo doing there? Why didn't I know that, plus - ah let me calm down first." saying this she took a deep breath and turned to the officer she said, "where is Lee Man Ho? What does he ask for?" The police officer said, "he just wants them to apologize as this is wrong and even wanted to meet you." Myung Hee nodded and said, "okay so where is he now?" A voice came, "I'm here." Myung Hee turned behind and saw Lee Man Hoo standing behind them, seeing him Myung Hee asked, "so what do want to talk about?" Lee Man Hoo smiled creepily and said, "that can be discussed later, so now your brother is staying with her mother I see, well since your brother did this I need hospital expenses." 

Myung Hee went near him and said, "I'm sure he might have his reasons, because he is not a person to annoy a street dog just for fun, and since Beyol sprayed pepper spray on you, it must have been self-defense, she is too small to reach your face, but you coming closer to make them feel uncomfortable makes sense, doesn't it? Oh, and about the picture being shared, we will take care of that."

Lee Man Hoo backed off and said, "I'm taking the charges back." He started to walk off as he had gotten a call from the trackers asking why he is at the police station, while he was explaining the situation Myung Hee and Sol A went behind him and Sol A said, "stay away from my sister from now on."

Man Hoo said, "I don't want anything from Beyol, I want to meet your twin sister, Knag Dan." Hearing this shocks both Myung Hee and Sol A and Sol A asks, "what do you want from her, and how do you know about her?" Man Hoo smirked and said, "that I will talk with her." Man Hoo turned to Myung Hee and said, "I was shocked to see your precious brother living there, but now I can keep an eye on you with his help."

Myung Hee who got angry went near him and said, "keep your hands off him, last time I stopped Joonie from punching you but now I won't stop myself, so better keep yourself in limits, or you will cry in regret."

Joon Hwi got in between Myung Hee and Man Ho and said, "let's go Sol A and Myung ah." Both the girls nodded and they went to Sol A's home to check up on the kids. On the way, Myung Hee asked, "Sol A did you know he is your neighbor?" Sol A nodded and Myung Hee a little disappointed said, "you should have told me!"

Sol A sighed and said, "your younger brother made me take a promise to not tell you, I couldn't do anything, I'm sorry." Myung Hee sighed in frustration and said, "now it's time to show min min who is the elder of us two. I had enough of him hiding things." 

Joon Hwi seeing her in anger said, "calm down Myung ah he was just thinking of -" Myung Hee looks at him and said, "no this time you are not stopping me, you know yourself we should have known about this, his goodwill about worrying about me might have gotten him and Beyol into great danger, you understand that don't you?" Joon Hwi nodded in defeat knowing she is right but said, "at least don't make him sad."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1 of Ep 6 done, guys!!! 

Hope you guys liked it

Do comment!!!!!

Vote if you liked the chapter

Add this book to your reading list for further updates

Stay Happy Stay Safe 💜