chapter 4

MINE by awfultune

"god knows i don't have a clue all the time
but i'm gonna make her mine, yeah"

"ready?"

you call out to akaashi. he stands close to the net, waiting for the ball. carefully, you toss the ball up to akaashi, as bokuto makes his approach.

is this second tempo? or first tempo?

akaashi set the ball perfectly to bokuto as he jumps to hit the ball. you watch the fukurodani players in awe.

"wow, guys! that was awesome!" you say as the ball hits the floor on the other side.

akaashi thanks you and bokuto cheers himself on, like always. you were helping the boys practice in the girls gym. coach said they needed to practice their sets and spikes, so you accompanied them.

practices were getting harder, and longer over the weeks because of the teams determination to get better. the team said that they wanted to get back at nekoma high school. you were also finding ways to support the team, with the help of yukie, of course.

"hey hey hey!" konoha walks into the gym. his blue is athletic shirt sticks to his skin and his smile grows wider as he walks.

"coach said i could practice spiking a bit with you guys." he continues.

"sure, konoha-san." akaashi agrees.

"hey, let's make it a two on two!" bokuto suggests, stepping closer to akaashi.

"alright, then i'll be with y/n," konoha says, leading you to the other side of the court. he puts his hands out to his side in a kind gesture. "milady!"

soon enough, it was bokutos turn to serve. you double checked your sneakers to make sure they were tied.

you were up in front, and konoha was behind the middle line.

he whispered-yelled," hey, try to keep up y/n!"

you were about to respond when the volleyball soared above your head. konoha received it, sending a pass your way.

"ready!" you yelled.

you gave konoha a high set, because you knew he liked those ones best. he slammed it down past bokutos block and it hit the other side of the court.

"agasheee, i don't wanna play anymore," he draws out his words. bokuto had a smal frown on his face.

"well, it is getting late anyways. i g-guess you should go and send the team home, bokuto-san." akaashi replied to bokuto, now clinging onto akaashi arm. akaashi face began to redden.

"also, that was really good, y/n. let's play 2-on-2 another time, when bokuto doesn't whine." akaashi smiles and helps up bokuto off the floor.

all of you pack up your things from the second gym, and head to where you most of the other players are pratcticing. you walked in front, with the three boys following you.

the sun glowed, making your s/c gleam in the orange-yellow rays coming from the sunset. konoha jogs up from behind you.

"wow, y/n. i never knew you played volleyball." konoha exclaimed.

" yea, i played in middle school, but i became a manager when i started high school."

"wait, wait, wait. never mind what i just said. alright?" konoha looks at your confused face.

"um, alright?"

konoha chuckles.

"do you play volleyball? cause you would look great on your knees."