chapter 6

infrunami by steve lacy

"girl, you're the one i want
your're the one i need"

the bus comes to a stop. you see about 12 people exit. the first person to come out of the bus was tall, and his hair looked like he had just woken up from a long sleep. mabye he slept on the bus ride here?

the bed head was wearing a red jacket, just like the rest of the team. he was followed by a shorter person, with black roots and yellow tips. he was playing on some sort of blue device.

more people one out of the bus, with many different looks, but the nekoma team soon stands before you.

one of them, a boy, with a mohawk dyed blond was staring at you, very deeply. you get creeped out by him and stand behind akaashi.

"brokuto? you have a new manager?" the bedhead asks.

"yep!" he smiles.

"are you serious? our team can't even get one manager, but you guys get three? damn." the bed head says,"i'm kuroo, by the way."

he introduces the rest of the team, starting with the creepy boy who wouldn't stop looking at you.

"HUH. HOT. NEW. MANAGER. NEKOMA." yamamoto spits out. he fell to his knees, on the verge of tears. you whispered to akaashi, asking what was wrong.

did this guy just short-circuit?

"this happens a lot, yamamoto is just like that. he's weird." the boy with dark roots explains.

pretty sure his name was kale. or was it kennie? nah, kale it is.

"ok then. thanks kale." you smile. akaashi and the boy look to you, tilting their heads in confusion.

"anyways!" konoha walks over to you and puts his left arm around you. "this is y/n, our famous manager."

konoha introduces you to the other team, and you all walk towards the volleyball team room. it wasn't like a sweaty locker room. you and yukie had decorated and made it into more of a chilling place. you both added fukurodani inspired furniture and a team picture board. the room was pretty big, so both teams could fit.

after being in the room for 15 mins, just chatting, you had thought of a fun way to kill time.

"let's see, any of y'all wanna play some uno?" you heard a lot of yes's and some no's. the people who wanted to play sat around a big gray table.

okay, we got some people. konoha, yukie, kale, akaashi, kuroo, bokuto, lev, and yamamoto

kuroo dealt out the all cards to the 8 players. you each needed up getting 9 cards.

"ready to get your asses beat?" you tease them.

"yes." konoha says back to you.

"can you just shut up for 5 minutes?"

the group started to play uno. it was fun, but heartbreaking. well, that's what uno is. this game created by the devil themselves, as it was tearing apart all of the friendships you had just made.

"akaashi, i swear, if you put down a +4 card, we're done. do you hear me? AKAASHIIII." you scream as the boy sets down a plus four card on the table. you look at him with a mixed emotion, consisting of hurt and disgust while you picked up 4 cards. you smiled.

perfect, i picked up 3 plus four cards. goddamn, kuroo does not know how to shuffle.

"yellow, right?" kenma places a yellow reverse card, meaning it was your turn again.

"thank youuu, kale. " you say.

"my name isn't really kale, you know," kenma mumbled. you place the +4 cards.

"quiet now, ain't it?" you tease, "yea, that's what i thought."

✿✿✿✿✿

it was after noon and finally time for the teams to start playing sets. you had already set up the nets and everything else in the gym before nekoma had come, so it was all set.

"hey, y/n." kuroo slows down his pace to walk next to you.

"yea, what's up?"

"you team has two managers, right?" kuroo questioned you.

"yea, we have three but kaori is healing her leg. i heard she won't be back for 4 more weeks, i'm pretty sure. "

"well, you know. our lonely team has no manager, would you be willing to be our manager for today?"

"ehh, why not." you reply. your team had yukie, so you figured they would be fine without you.

in a few minutes, the sets would begin. you decided you should tell your team about you being a substituting manager for nekoma.

"hey guysss." you start.

"hey." konoha, bokuto, and yukie say. you were standing next to the home bench.

" kuroo asked me to be the manager for his team. just for today, obviously."

"wait what? so your not gonna cheer for me?" bokuto asks, his mood decreasing.

"don't worry bo! i will have yukie cheer for you, on my behalf." you assure him.

you looked to konoha," try not to miss me!"

thats impossible, he thought.

✿✿✿✿✿

a/n- sorry it's kinda short again. i feel like this chapter was really eh 😭😭

anyways i kinda play uno a different ways so sometimes i start off with different amounts of cards lmao

and i'm not sure if you can stack plus fours', but i did cause why tf not