пятнадцать

budapesthungary

budapest
hungary

BEFORE
galina

I watched the sunrise through the lens of the AK-12. A speculation of soft blues and under tones of purple glistened off the glass windows. Every once in a while a bird would rests its wings on the end of my gun, the light weight of it not changing my position.

The sun had just past midday when I seemed to regain any form of consciousness. My mind had been a blank slate that needn't a thing to think of. The building across the street was my only focus and it would remain that way until Dreykov was finished.

My time at the KGB was short lived. After working my way up the ranks, Dreykov wanted me to work with him. I had been brought into the Widow program and was now one of his most special toys. One that at least, hadn't gotten away.

Across the street on the top of the building laid another Widow. The black sleek of another AK-12 reflected the sunlight as she adjusted herself. It was the first time that she had moved.

There were several of us camped out on the roofs of surrounding buildings. All of our focuses on Dreykov and the danger that may lurk in the alleyways and streets.

I hoped that after this mission I would return to the Red Room. That I would be able to continue my work with Melina. She was using my brain to study a type of chemical, but I didn't have the clearance to know what it was about. I was just happy to not be killing people. I believed she was close to perfecting what it was she was doing. A second modification to what was once thought as a perfect one.

My eyes blinked slowly as I tried my best to keep exhaustion out. I hadn't been here to watch the sunset last night, but I laid here long enough to watch the moon come and go and then the sun come. I hoped that I wouldn't say goodbye to the sun in this same position.

"Agent Galina, on your seven. Silver car just rolled up. Second rotation with no body leaving the vehicle." The voice came through my ear piece. A voice of one of my Widow sisters.

"Can you see inside?" I asked. The silver car was parked across the street from the building with Dreykov. Despite the busy road in the middle of the city, the odds weren't favorable it was just a coincidence.

"No. Windows are tinted."

"Stay high." I said as I adjusted my weapon and stood. "I'm going to ground."

A tether locked me to the chimney of the roof and then after balancing on the ledge for only a half pause, I jumped. For a moment the wind felt nice against my face and I only allowed myself to enjoy it briefly before the task at hand was my focus.