тринадцать

the red room academy russia

russia

BEFORE
galina

I WAS held in confinement for four weeks. By the last day, I couldn't remember what it felt like to stretch. I couldn't remember what it felt like to dance and to move freely.

I remembered only Natalia. The curves of her cheeks, the green of her eyes, and how she tasted when we kissed.

I missed her. With each breath, each cry, each sob, the pain of missing her was unfavorable to being stabbed. Over and over the knife plunged into my heart, completely shredding who I once was.

When I got out I didn't remember who I had been before. All I knew was who I was after.

🕷

A year after Natalia had been sold, I had my graduation ceremony. I went under the knife without hesitation, without any ill feelings. I was ready to fully emerge myself into the Widows.

The day after my surgery I was sold to the KGB as an assassin. My first assignment was to work with a man named Maxwell in China. The mission had gotten messy, but we won.

After that I was sent on mission after mission. Completing them as if they were only a game. I guess in a way they had become a game. I accepted that I didn't have a purpose. I was exactly what Madame B said. I am nobody.

And that was my biggest advantage.