три

the red room academy russia

russia

before
galina

1989

THE ROOM was cold. I didn't like it. It reminded me of my father's study. A room I wasn't allowed to go into. I didn't know why. I promised I wouldn't touch anything. I swore.

But now I don't know where my daddy is. And my mommy isn't here either. Everything happened so fast. Nobody would tell me where my mom or dad are.

I just wanted to go home.

The man that took me from the house with all the kids brought me to this place. I didn't know who he was. He was nice. He gave me sweets.

He said he was my uncle. But I didn't remember any uncles.

There was music playing. It was nice. It made me think of when my mommy and daddy would dance. Maybe they were here, and maybe that's why the music was playing.

There was a woman waiting by the room with the music. Her hair was pulled up in a funny thing I had never seen before. It was a ball on her head! It made me laugh a little.

The man made me sit on a chair.

"Another one." The woman said. She looked at me funny. I don't know for what.

"You have asked for a young one. This one is four. Parents killed for being against the Union. Trying to flee the country."

The woman pulled a funny face. Her face now had wrinkles on them. "Four, you say? And does she listen?"

"Like a dog."

My ears perked at that. Did that mean there was doggies here? I really hoped so. I wish I had a dog. Maybe when mommy and daddy get back, I can get my puppy.

"Girl," The woman's voice was now at me. I looked up at her. "What is your name?"

"My name is Galina. But mommy calls me Lina." I said with a big smile.

"You will have no childish names here." The woman said sharply. Did I get in trouble?

"I want my money." The man said.

I looked up at him. He was super tall.

"You will be compensated for... your troubles." The woman said and looked down at me. She frowned but I don't know why. "Next time bring me someone better. She will most likely not even last a week."