17 | 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚜, 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜

Bucky took a flashlight and walked down into the lower part of the boat where all the mechanicals were

Bucky took a flashlight and walked down into the lower part of the boat where all the mechanicals were. He dragged out a step stool to sit on, placed the flashlight in his mouth and began concentrating on a problem he noticed in the pipes before dinner but didn't get too.

As Bucky inspected the rusted materials, he smelt a hint of something sweet on the boat; flowers and vanilla.

He took the flashlight out of his mouth, but kept his focus on the pipes.

"Just planning on staring or are you gonna come out?" He called quietly into he darkness. Out of the corner of his eyes, Marcella stepped from the dark part of the stairs into the moonlight.

She hummed as she stepped closer to him. She was still in her wearing her pj's, with her white sneakers. "Aren't you gonna ask me how I found you?"

"How'd you find me?" He amused her as he continued fixing one of the valves. He knew that if he couldn't get this working, Sam won't be able get the old boat running.

Marcella walked over to him to leaned on his hard shoulders. "I can always find you."

She took the flashlight from his hand and held it for him so he could use both hands.

"Scary." He replied sarcastically, but it reminded him of something. "I still don't know how you found me in Bucharest six years ago."

Her free hand flattened against his shoulder and slowly moved down the front of his chest. She got closer to his ear and he felt her breasts press against his back, then all her weight wrapped around him.

"Well. Everyone was looking for you, from Hydra to Sam Wilson so I just followed them until they couldn't do more for me. Then I waited until you messed up."

"I messed up?" He didn't remember making any mistakes.

"You used my last name on your apartment." She kneeled on the back of the step tool, but leaned on him, hugging him.

"I did." He confessed, then added, "I wasn't going to be there much longer though so it didn't matter. I was heading north."

"Why north?" She asked absent minded, she was focused on how his hands moved.

Bucky wrapped his metal arm around a pipe and twisted it into place then he turned his nose to her. "Would you call me crazy if told you that I was thinking about going back to Siberia?"

Marcella's smile faded when she questioned what he meant. Was his plan to save her; take her out of the ice prison because that's not what she got him to promise to in 1982?