Chapter 4

Tails and Cosmo went to bed early that night, they wanted to try their new bed, they both enjoyed it, moreover because they were sleeping next to eachother.

They took a while to get asleep, meanwhile they spoke about Mobius and Tails promised her that she'll enjoy her new life, she was sure he was right.

They had a nice sleeping, when Tails got awoke he noticed he was hugging Cosmo, and Cosmo was hugging him back, he wanted to get up, but he was going to wake Cosmo, so he decided to relax and start the day slowly.

While he was waiting, he couldn't stop staring at Cosmo, he was thinking she was really beautiful.

After a while he started speaking to her like if she was awoke, he said: "Cosmo, you're really beautiful, I simply cannot stop staring at you... every part of you is like a garden full of beautiful flowers"

After that he noticed that Cosmo was waking up, so he panicked and got red, he hoped she didn't hear what he said.

Cosmo said: "Yawnnn, Good morning Tails"

Tails had some trouble speaking, but after a while he said: "Ehm... Morning Cosmo"

Cosmo asked: "Did you sleep good?"

Tails took a long breath and said: "Yeah, I slept wonderfully, thanks to you Cosmo"

Cosmo blushed and thanked Tails, then she crawled out of bed, Tails did the same.

Cosmo: "I'd like to make some breakfast, what do you want Tails?"

Tails: "No Cosmo, I'll prepare you a breakfast, come on"

Cosmo liked that Tails wanted to make her feel so special, however she insisted: "Tails, please, I want to prepare breakfast"

Tails noticed that, so he leaded her to the kitchen and sat on the table saying: "If you insist, then I can't wait to taste your breakfast", after that he got lost in his mind thinking how much Cosmo was beautiful, so he started staring at her.

After a while Cosmo gave a soft slap to Tails and said: "Tails, is everything ok?"

Tails got surprised and said: "Ohhh, what... sorry Cosmo, I was lost in my thoughts"

Cosmo said: "I noticed that, I asked you if you could leave me here alone, I want to make you a nice surprise for breakfast"

Tails wanted to refuse, he could hardly wait to have a wonderful day with Cosmo, however he understood what she meant, so he told her: "Ok, Cosmo, I can hardly wait to know what you're going to prepare, you'll find me in the lab when you've done, later Cosmo"

Cosmo waved her hand to Tails and said: "Later Tails"

Tails got inside his lab and felt really dreamy, he wanted to guess what Cosmo was going to do to him, while he was thinking about that, he remembered his secret project, he wanted to make it the most perfect possible, so he started working on it"

He had to choose which way to do it, he could use machines to do it or handly make it.

He knew that there was no need to work hard, Cosmo was going to like it whatever he'll choose, but he decided to handly make it, so it was going to be perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while he heard the door opening and Cosmo said: "Tails, breakfast is ready, come."

Tails wanted to continue his work, but he remembered that he promised himself to pass the whole day with Cosmo, so he stopped his work, wrote some notes and left.

Tails reached Cosmo in the living room, he noticed that Cosmo wanted to surprise Tails, so she placed the meal under a dover, he said: "Cosmo, there was no need to work so much for breakfast"

Cosmo said: "No Tails, you did so much for me since I got back alive, now it's time for me to pay back, sit and enjoy"

Tails liked that Cosmo wanted to make him something special, so he did what Cosmo told him and sat on the chair, she sat down in front of him.

Tails: "What did you make me for breakfast honey?"

Cosmo took the cover and said: "Voilà Tails, I know you like this"

Tails got amazed, she prepared a cake for strawberries, he immediately said: "Cosmo, I cannot believe it, you worked so much for me? How did you know I love it?"

Cosmo remembered him that she brought him meals on the blue typhon while he was working and she noticed what he like and dislike.

Tails: "Cosmo, you're really special, I cannot wait to taste it"

Cosmo took a piece of cake and gave it to Tails, then she took another, Tails took only a little bite.

He got immediately amazed, she was a wonderful cook, he said: "Cosmo, you're fantastic when you cook"

Cosmo blushed and said: "Thanks Tails, I'm glad you like it"

Tails wanted to make her feel even better, so he said: "Like it? no. I LOVE IT COSMO, from now on I want you to be personal cook, do you like it?"

Cosmo couldn't believe at her ears, she immediately said: "Really? Sure Tails, I'm glad to hear that... you know, all the time I felt so lucky to have friends like you that I thought: "I don't deserve people like you to be my friends"..."

Tails understood what she meant, so he stopped her saying: "Cosmo, that doesn't matter to me, and now that I taste this cake I'm thinking: "I don't deserve a so special cake like this"."

Cosmo looked at him, she wanted to say he was wrong, but he started laughing and she did too, when they stopped Tails told her: "Look Cosmo, I know what you mean, maybe you do not deserve us, but we want you as close friend, so please, stop bothering yourself with this story ok? It's actually the best gift you can make me"

Cosmo understood Tails and said: "Ok Tails, if that's what you want, I'll do it"

Tails just ended his piece of cake, so he got up and took Cosmo in a really nice hug saying: "And after all, you do deserve my love Cosmo"

Cosmo liked what Tails said, she hugged him back feeling so special in that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day Tails offered Cosmo to hang out together and let her see more the city, she liked that idea, so she agreeded.

Suddenly when they were heading out, Tails noticed something in front of his door, it was a nice bouquet of roses, made of plastic, he took it and found a note inside saying: "For my beautiful fox, from someone who really love you"

Tails asked Cosmo if she was the one who did it, but Cosmo denied that, they got really surprised by that.

Cosmo asked: "Tails, who is this one who send you flowers?"

Tails admitted: "I hoped it was you, I don't know anybody else who loves me"

Cosmo felt a bit worried and asked: "What are you going to do about that?"

Tails had no doubts at all, he dropped the flowers, took her hand and started walking saying: "I'm sure that she'll give up a day or another. Afterall I already have the girl I love"

That made Cosmo red, she was really happy that Tails didn't care about those flowers and that he wasn't going to change his mind on her.

Tails brought her to the city, she was enjoying every single step she was making, Tails decided to take a long walk all around the city and show her his favourite places.

Suddenly Cosmo asked Tails to see something from near, he followed her and she got next to a jewelry store, she found all those gems beautiful.

Tails: "Cosmo, do you want to get inside?"

Cosmo got red and blushed saying: "What? No thanks Tails"

Tails knew she was lying, so he got inside that store saying: "Fine, then I'll find you here right?"

Cosmo got once again surprised, she followed Tails inside the store, when they got inside Cosmo got lost seeing all those beautiful gems and Tails took note of what she loved more.

Tails told her that he wanted to buy her something, however it was all too expensive, so they had to refuse and go away without buying anything.

Cosmo didn't like it, however she knew that Tails worked so much to be Sherry's father and to bring her back alive, so she didn't want to argue with him.

However Tails was admiring some jewels too and said that there were some that could fit her perfectly, she liked those too.

After a while, Tails remembered he needed to buy some groceries, so he said: "Cosmo, now that I remember, we should buy more groceries, I think we should head to the market"

Cosmo nodded and followed him, she liked the market, but Tails seemed to be in a big hurry, she asked: "Tails, why are you so in a hurry?"

Tails told her: "I'm not in a hurry Cosmo, however it's quite late, I think it's better if we head home"

Cosmo noticed that Tails was right, so she helped him and they headed home.