Chapter 6

Cosmo was really excited that Tails was going to work on bringing back her mom and her sister, she knew that her father was Dark Oak, and he didn't deserve to come back, so she never asked Tails to bring him back.

Tails wanted to go slow, he made many researches, this time on Cosmo, she didn't mind to be a lab rat, since she knew what was going to happen.

Sadly Cosmo promised herself to don't give hurry to Tails, but she couldn't enjoy her life without her family, the only thing she wanted was giving her mom a nice hug.

Tails was really disappointed, the only thing he asked Cosmo was to be herself during the research and she didn't even try it, Tails invited her on many dates, many times she didn't even accept that.

Tails decided to work on that project fast, hoping that bringing back her parents was going to bring back his Cosmo to him, so after a month he was ready to do it.

Cosmo was really excited, she was finally going to see her mom back, so she didn't lose a second and got inside the machine, however Tails refused to do it, first he wanted to have a talk with Cosmo.

Tails: "Cosmo, before we do it I'd like to have a talk with you"

Cosmo accepted with a smile, however she just noticed that Tails wasn't smiling at all, actually he was quite angry with her, he said: "Cosmo, I'm sorry to say that, but I'm quite disappointed, I only asked you to be yourself while I was working on this, remember?"

Cosmo nodded, she knew what Tails was going to tell her, she allowed him to continue, he actually got sad and continued: "You know... what I was meaning is: "I wanted to keep dating you"." Then Cosmo noticed, Tails had tears in his eyes, he was crying because of that.

Tails continued: "I know it's really hard to be without parents, but that doesn't allow you to make me sad Cosmo... THIS ISN'T RIGHT!!!"

Cosmo got a bit upset, she knew that Tails was right on everything, but she thought that Tails was pretending too much from her, so she said: "Tails, you have no idea what it means live without parents, you shouldn't talk this way to me..."

Actually Cosmo meant what she said, but she had no idea at all about Tails' past, so she continued: "I'm sure you woke up everyday with them, they were always there for you, they prepared you the breakfast, they were cuddling you everyday, ecc... while my mom had to send me away from my planet when I was really young, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MEANS LOSE PARENTS WHEN YOU'RE SO YOUNG TAILS"

Tails allowed her to end, he knew that Cosmo didn't know what she was talking about, so before saying something wrong he calmed himself and said: "Cosmo, you're wrong on this"

Cosmo got surprised and asked: "What?"

Tails sat down and started looking down in depression, then he said: "Cosmo... I don't even know who my parents are"

Cosmo didn't understand good what Tails meant, so she asked him: "What do you mean?"

Tails: "Cosmo, when I was only a baby I found myself alone in the middle of nowhere. I never saw my parents, I missed them so much..." Then Tails allowed himself to cry, hoping to feel better

Cosmo just felt terrible for what she just said, she tried to cheer Tails up by hugging him, however he continued: "I always had to face all the danger by myself, nobody was helping me, and just to make things worse there were many bullies around me, I created many things, but they destroyed all of them, my life has been really hard..."

Cosmo had no idea about this, Tails really faced something even worse than her and she had no idea about that, she only made Tails feeling terrible.

She said: "Tails... I had no idea about that, I'm so sorry"

Tails didn't answer and she tried to lift Tails' head so they were having eye contact, then she asked: "Tails?", after a while she gave him a long hug.

Tails still didn't react and she said: "Tails I..." Then Cosmo started crying too and said: "I... didn't want to make you feel bad these days... I... had to understand you and be more present for you, I'm so sorry"

Tails still wasn't reacting and Cosmo understood that she's been the worst she could be during that whole month, so she left running out and crying.

The both of them took much time before venting down the depression they had inside, after that Tails got up and headed for Cosmo, he met her sitting on the same bench he sat down when he had problems, so he got next to her and sat down without saying anything.

Cosmo immediately noticed Tails when he sat down, so she immediately threw herself in his arms.

Tails gave her a nice hug, after a while Cosmo felt better and said: "Tails, I..."

Tails blocked her by placing a finger on her mouth, she understood she had to stop talking about that, then she said: "Tails... can I do something to make myself forgiven?"

Tails looked at his watch, he saw that it was 9:00 PM, he wanted to bring her to a date and a dinner, but it was too late, so he just said: "I think it's too late now Cosmo, we should just go back home"

Cosmo agreeded and headed home with Tails, meanwhile Tails said: "Cosmo, promise me something ok?"

Cosmo looked carefully Tails, she really wanted to be forgiven so she was ready to accept whatever Tails was going to say.

Tails continued: "Tomorrow we'll bring back your parents, then you and I will stop thinking about anything, I'll be your dear Tails, but you'll be my dear Cosmo, ok?"

Cosmo accepted, but Tails wanted to make sure she understood what he meant, so he raised a bit his tone and said: "This means you won't ask me to work on something, and you won't be the same hateful you've been this month, CLEAR?"

Cosmo got a bit scared, but she accepted then Tails felt bad and said: "I'm sorry Cosmo, I didn't want to be this rude"

Cosmo understood and forgave immediately Tails, however they both could still feel really bad.

After they both ate their dinner, Cosmo wanted to end that day fast, so she headed immediately to sleep, but Tails blocked her, he thought that was going to be the worst idea, like if they were going to hate eachother forever if she did.

She didn't agree with Tails, but the best she could do was what Tails told her, Tails sat on the couch and she sat next to him.

She asked: "What do you have in mind now Tails?"

Tails didn't answer, instead he gave Cosmo a nice hug, hoping to feel better, Cosmo immediately started feeling something warm inside, so she hugged back Tails.

They stood like that for all the night, they could feel they were starting to love eachother once again, eventually they got asleep there hugging eachother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cosmo got awoke first, she was still laying on Tails and he was still hugging her quite tight, she didn't want to break that moment, so she only relaxed and enjoyed the warm feeling inside her.

When Tails woke up too he decided to start the day slowly, so he didn't let Cosmo go and said: "Good morning Cosmo"

Cosmo: "Good morning Tails"

Tails: "Did you sleep good tonight?"

Cosmo: "I slept wonderfully Tails"

Both of them were still thinking about what happened the day before, Tails wanted to avoid speaking about that, but there was no way, he first said: "Cosmo... about yesterday"

Cosmo immediately felt sorry once again, she said: "I never had to speak like that to you Tails"

Tails then said: "And I never had to be angry with you"

Cosmo made him relax saying: "Well, I did deserve that, so don't worry"

Tails understood that there were no need to keep talking about this, so he said: "At least now everything is fixed"

Cosmo agreeded with him saying: "Yeah..."

They stood in silent for a while, then Tails got up to make breakfast, Cosmo followed him.

After breakfast Tails made his final choice saying: "Cosmo... yesterday I was thinking really much about all the work I've done"

Cosmo asked: "Yeah, you worked really much this period, now what are we going to do?"

Tails answered: "Cosmo, I made my choice, I want to stop working on inventions for a while, so from today I won't research anything"

Cosmo felt disappointed and sad, that was going to mean he's not going to bring back her parents now, but she didn't want to make things worse than how they already are, so she only accepted.

Tails noticed that she was sad, so he made her cheer up and said: "Cosmo, I decided that bringing back your parents is the last thing I'll do before my pause"

Cosmo immediately exploded in joy, she hugged Tails: "Tails, thank you, thank you, thank you..."

Tails took her hug saying: "Promise me that you'll be my dear Cosmo after that"

Cosmo made a thought and said: "I'm sure I'll be able to do my best after I can hug my mom"

Tails understood and took her by hand bringing her to the lab.

Tails prepared the machine, when everything was ready he said: "Ok, now I made all my calculations, this will work exactly like when I did with Sherry, so you'll be back a seed like everyone else: your mom, your sister... and your dad"

Cosmo immediately panicked and said: "NO TAILS, STOP"

Tails got surprised and shutted down everything, then he got next to Cosmo and asked: "What's wrong Cosmo?"

Cosmo took a moment and said: "Tails, I asked you to bring back my mom and my sister, not my father"

Tails didn't understand what was wrong, so he tried to calm down Cosmo saying: "And aren't you happy of this? Don't you love your father too?"

Cosmo immediately said no, she didn't want to see him and Tails replied saying: "Come on, your father cannot be this cruel, why do you hate him so much?"

Cosmo took a long breath and said: "Tails, you know my father and you hate him too... his name is Lucas, but you know him as: DARK OAK"