8 | ...Gone Wrong

The next morning, the alarm blared through Y/n's ears as the shrill sound seemed to have entered her ears and torn apart her eardrum.

From the midst of the thin fabric of the curtains, the sunlight indistinctly fell on Y/n's face, making her bury her face in the pillow more than it already was, but the alarm started ringing again making her punch on the pillow.

"Ouch!" you heard a loud groan making you open your eyes immediately, and what you saw was rather inexplicable.

Jungkook's head was literally on your pillow and your leg and his leg were intertwined and you were hugging his torso which you thought all along was the pillow you'd kept between the two of you so as to 'maintain space', but seems like the plan had failed badly and it had also gone very wrong.

You shrieked and jumped out of the bed promptly whilst Jungkook was still trying to figure out what exactly was happening after being hit so hard on the head.

"Why did you hit me? You could've just woken me up simply," he said with a pout. How is he not angry? , you pondered. But the best part was that he had no idea that you were hugging him in his sleep because of the pain in his head.

"I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry— does it hurt that bad?"

"That bad? You literally banged your fist against my head as if it were some wooden table. Honestly—even a wooden table would've broken. My head's nothing!" he exclaimed making you look at him apologetically.

"Uh—let's do one thing," you prompted but paused, not knowing what to do.

"I shouldn't be saying this but I seriously hate you for this," he said and you looked down apologetically like a child being scolded by their mother, but he just scoffed and went inside the washroom.

"Aish! What did you do, Y/n?!" you cursed to yourself and slightly banged your head against the wall too. "Ouch, that hurt!" you held your head and said.

| time skip / afternoon.

"Hello, mom?" you smiled when you heard her voice from the other side of the line.

"How are Jungkook and you doing, dear?" your mom asked.

"F-fine. We're both fine," you looked over at Jungkook who was already looking at you with a brow raised.

"Really?" he muttered making you facepalm. When you uncovered your face, you signaled him to keep quiet.

"Have you had your breakfast?"

"Yes. I'm just going to cook the lunch."

"Oh, you must be hungry. Alright, I'll be hanging up. Bye."

"Bye," you replied with a sigh.

Although Jungkook seemed to have moved on from the morning incident, he wouldn't stop dragging in the same topic everywhere to tease you—whether you were talking to your mom, your dad, or Jungkook himself. He wouldn't stop dragging that one topic over and over again.

"Jungkook!" you whined.

"Jungkook~" he mocked you even more dramatically, not only with speech but also actions. You rolled your eyes and scoffed at him and seeing you annoyed, what he felt was beyond happiness.

Your phone then started vibrating. You picked up the phone call that was from Joy.

"Y/n!! You won't believe what's happening!" Joy squealed over the phone.

"What is it?!"

Excitement rushed through your veins when you heard her giddy voice that was literally shaking with glee.

"We... we're going on a school trip!" she announced over the phone and the next thing was your jaw literally on the floor.

"Close your mouth, love. You don't want an insect to get inside that beautiful mouth of yours, do you?" Jungkook said. "And what is it that you're freaking out over?"

"Jungkook, you're so, so lucky! We're going on a school trip!" you squealed and asked Joy over the phone once again. "Anyway, when are we going, and where are we going?!"

"Oh, I didn't tell you, Y/n. We're going next week, and I suppose that you can't come since—"

"Joy, stop kidding," you scoffed.

"Alright, alright. We're going to a month later to Jeju island~!"

"Oh my, oh my, oh my—we're going to Jeju!" you exclaimed making Jungkook stare at you, absolutely weirded out.

"I don't understand what's the hype about—"

"Shut up! No one's forcing you to come. You can stay here all you want," you rolled your eyes at him.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm not even interested," he stuck out his tongue mockingly.

"You're such a boring little pathetic creature," you snickered.

"Oh, look who's speaking! An eighty-year-old ahjumma, I suppose!"

"Shut the fuck up," you grumbled making Jungkook widen his eyes.

"Ahjumma, if you use words like that, what will the younger generation learn from you?!"

You shrugged off Jungkook's words and went upstairs to your room with your phone stuck to your ear as you chatted with Joy about all the happenings at school today in your mere absence.

_____________________________________________

edited: 12-09-23
(NAMJOON'S BIRTHDAY!! HAPPY BELATED NAMJOON DAY!)