21 | CASE 143

You were once again seated near the pool with your legs partially submerged in the water. Still, this time, with your arms crossed your mind kept lingering over that moment when Jungkook suddenly popped out of nowhere and took all the shopping bags from Joy while you were extremely jealous. And then, he even had the damn audacity to talk and laugh with her as if they were best friends who'd been reunited years after being separated, although he very well knows that you are his 'separated' best friend from childhood. No one was nearby, hence no one to disturb you; so you kept mouthing cuss words while remembering the incident.

"Hey," a voice interrupted your thoughts making you startle and scream profusely. Jungkook covered your mouth with his hand. "Yah, it's just me. Stop screaming or else people will think that we–"

"Gosh, just shut up," you rolled your eyes, cutting him off mid-sentence. "Well, I wanted to talk to you about something," you looked down in the water. His gaze shifted from the night sky to you as he asked, "What is it?"

You inhaled a deep breath. "Did you know I was your friend when we were children?" 

Jungkook smiled softly. "I just realized a couple of days ago. It took me a while to recognize you. Anyway, I guess my hints about it worked on you," he winked coyly. 

"So all that staring..." you paused as the realization hit you. So does that probably mean that he never liked me?

"Staring what?" Jungkook asked with a raised brow. You pursed your lips and shook your head in response. 'Did you hear about the girl who lives in delusion? Hey, that's me!' you thought, disappointed in yourself. 

"Well, good night. See you tomorrow morning. I'm quite tired so I'm going to sleep," you made an excuse and got up to leave but you slipped because of your own wet feet and...

SPLASH!

You fell into the water, making a loud noise at the same time.

Your eyes widened out of shock. You were drenched in water and Jungkook, too, almost got wet because the water splashed on him. 

He was looking at you with widened eyes because he knew something was coming.

"Shit," he cursed, and almost simultaneously the most feared but not unexpected thing happened. 

"Who is it?" a male voice yelled from a distance. Jungkook looked at you and gulped due to fear. He knew you both would be suspended from school if someone caught you both this way because before this, everyone had been instructed not to stay out late at night–even in the resort–and that, too, with a guy.

He slowly got in the pool, making sure to not create an unwanted sound. 

"Can we go down?" Jungkook enquired hurriedly, ensuring that you were comfortable with hiding in the pool. You nodded in response. He held your hand and pulled you inside the water with him. 

The sound of footsteps could be heard as it grew louder with each passing second. 

In the water, Jungkook didn't let go of your hand for even a moment and for some reason positioned himself way too close to you. Although you only got nervous when he kept staring at you while holding your hands, you contained yourself, trying not to freak out because that would only result in you both getting caught, that too in an awkward position like this.

The sound of footsteps stopped for a while; Jungkook's gaze never left you. Soon, the sound of footsteps began echoing again, but this time, diminishing with each passing second and it didn't take long for it to stop. 

You tapped Jungkook's shoulder as if awakening him from his trance. He was startled but understood your gesture and got out of the water with you. 

He ran his fingers through his dripping-wet hair, his other hand still holding onto your arm, almost as if he was pinning you against the pool's wall.

"Y/n," he called out to you. You finally looked up at him as for the last few minutes, you were desperately trying not to look him in the eye. 

"I like you," he spoke softly. Your breath hitched out of shock. "Be mine, will you?" he whispered lowly. 

"I..." you stammered, still trying to process the words that he just uttered. "I like you, too," you finally said with a nervous look. Jungkook smiled, not looking away from you for even a moment. 

The water glimmered under the soft, silver glow of the moon. The world was hushed–almost as if it paused for a while. 

His face neared yours. His breath fanged all over your face and neck, sending butterflies down to your tummy. "May I?" 

You nodded with a soft smile. 

His lips locked with yours. Both his hands secured your waist tightly while you held his nape, pulling him in. You pulled out moments after, crimson lingering on your cheeks for a while. "I like you," you repeated once again.

"Oh, same!" he replied wittily. You slapped his arm playfully to which he jokingly groaned. 

"You're so weak. How do you think you will handle me?" you smiled coyly.

"I dared to confess to you. I think I am brave enough to handle you, then," he teased. 

"Inside the pool, you kept ogling at me, and trust me, you looked like Frankenstein!" 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "So does that mean you fell in love with someone who looks like Frankenstein?"

"Apparently. I mean, see how generous I am to have lowered my standards just to fall in love with you!"

"Well, that's your bad, because unfortunately, you'll now have to stay with me forever. There's no way this Frankenstein is going ever to leave you," he said with a chuckle.

"And how do I trust you, hm?" you said as you drew imaginary circles on his chest with your index finger.

"I'm a man of my word, my love. I'll never leave you alone. I'll cherish you till my last breath and if possible, even after," he smiled at you warmly.

_____________________________________________

edited: 06-11-23