13 | Upshot

You were headed for the cafeteria at lunchtime, and Jungkook was with you as he had been from the morning incident. 

You surprisingly found yourself enjoying yourself while you were with him. He made jokes about classmates while you laughed quietly, and his unintentional facial expressions made you laugh even harder. He wasn't as annoying as you thought he'd be, but a rather fun person to accompany yourself with. However, after that morning incident, everyone looked at you and when they saw you together, they began whispering amongst themselves, and you were sure they were talking about you both.

"Man, he's so hot. She's a lucky one,"  you'd heard one mutter.

"I think they're a thing," another had whispered.

"They look kinda cute together... don't they?"

But you chose not to tell him about this.

"Y/n, where are you lost?" Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of your eyes, pulling you out of your thoughts.

"Nowhere. I just zoned out for a bit," you said before faking a yawn. "I feel sleepy."

"Mhm. You probably do. Thanks to me."

"Yea– wait, what do you mean?!"

Jungkook's eyes widened. "You're just an unholy child! I didn't mean it that way, alright?! What I meant was that I texted you last night. Go get your dirty mind bleached," he snickered, making your cheeks turn red out of embarrassment.

Jungkook turned around to see a group of girls gossiping. He snickered at them as they thought that they were inaudible to everyone present there but they were as loud and clear as one would be while talking on a normal pitch.

He turned around to look at you once again. "They're saying that we're dating," he said before setting his lips back on the straw of his drink. "Did you know about all these talks?"

You shook your head immediately. "Nope."

"Your face says otherwise," he teased once again.

"You're just delusional," you retorted. He sarcastically hummed in response as he sipped on his drink.

"Wanna grab some ice cream after school?" he asked softly.

"Nope, I'm busy. Moreover, don't you remember that you've got to come to my place to study?"

"Gosh, you're so boring. Can't we bunk just for a day?"

You shook your head in response, eliciting a dramatic sigh from Jungkook.

"Such a boring, old hag," Jungkook whispered, however, making sure that you heard him. 

You gave Jungkook a stern look and simply uttered his name in a low tone.

"Well then, if you're so affected by it then let's have some ice cream and then study. How about that?"

"Shut up. I know you. You're somehow going to stretch the whole thing and take 2 hours to have that ice cream and once you're done, you're going to say that you're late and go away. So, don't even try."

"My God. Only a murderer knows in how much detail they've committed a murder," Jungkook remarked at your words.

"What?" you questioned, baffled.

"What I mean to say is that you've done something like this–that is why you know in such great detail what a person like me would do. Do you lose all your brain while studying? Dumbass!" he joked, making you roll your eyes. "You're so annoying."

"Well, you see–since God made me so handsome, he had to put some flaw in me. I hope that explains why I'm annoying," he winked at you making you look at the ground out of shyness. 

'Gosh. How are his actions affecting me so much?'

'She feels so familiar...'

_____________________________________________

edited: 08-10-23
[I know this chapter's quite short, but I think it's
 better off this way! sorry if I disappointed. I'll make
sure the upcoming ones aren't so short!]