24 | Sneaking In

Joy🪳
Missing your boyfriend?

YOU
Who are you to be
asking me that?

Joy🪳
The one who gave you the dare, duh

YOU
I hate you sm

You typed in and turned off the phone. You sighed deeply. Your parents had gone out for a business party and you were home alone, supposed to be studying since your finals were coming up–the finals of all. Basically, you were about to graduate after this last exam.

You forced yourself to get up. You took your language book and started studying sincerely.

You were deeply engrossed in the story that you were reading, and just like that, an hour went by and you were now writing the answers to the questions related to the chapter when suddenly, there was a knock.

The knock wasn't on the front door or your room's door, but from the balcony door.

For once, you shrugged it off but when it became louder, you found yourself with a broomstick in your hands, ready to kill–no, beat someone up, so you slowly and steadily walked towards the balcony door, holding up your stick and at the same time plotting how to hit the person in your mind.

You opened the door and screamed. "AAA!"

And HIT!

HIT!

"Oww!"

The guy groaned, but your eyes widened with recognition.

"Y/n, it's me," you heard Jungkook weakly whimper.

"H-hey!" you turned on the lights in the balcony and covered your mouth. "I'm so sorry–"

"Help me up," Jungkook cut you off. You nodded and helped him get up.

"Why didn't you just come from the door?" you asked.

"I wanted to surprise you," he whined. "But I guess it's all gone wrong."

"Stop watching romantic movies at this point! You're not some James Bond anyway, okay?"

"Well, I managed to reach the balcony pretty well but someone hit me badly on my arm, leg and my back due to which I'm severely injured now," he taunted you with a pout.

"Stop exaggerating! You're not injured, so keep quiet."

"Not injured, you say?! You've literally broken my bones!" he exclaimed.

"Hey, I'm sorry! I thought it was a thief. Moreover I'm home alone!"

Jungkook huffed. "It's okay. At least get some spray now," he pouted. You nodded and ran off to get the first-aid box from your mom's room and came back with the box in your hand and a spray bottle in the other.

"But hey, who's going to apply it?"

"Spray it on my arm first. I'll take care of the rest, or– uhm, where's the washroom?"

You pointed towards the bathroom, "There."

He went inside and shut the door, but you suddenly remembered something. "Hey, the shower area is wet–"

"I know how to watch my steps when I'm in my clumsy girlfriend's room!" he replied. You facepalmed yourself, embarrassed at his words.

Five minutes later, he came out of the bathroom and threw himself with the spray bottle on your bed.

"I'm sorry," you muttered with a pout.

Jungkook smiled and scooted towards you and rested his head in your lap. "You don't have to say it again and again. And anyway, I appreciate the fact that you took the initiative to beat me– no, I mean, if it wasn't me but actually a thief. I can teach you self-defense, if you want," he chuckled, easing the atmosphere. You smiled back.

"Always keep that smile on that pretty little face of yours, okay?" he whispered as he gently held your face and pulled it towards him so you bent towards him.

"I hope I never lose you," you affirmed.

"And what if you do?!" he teased, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips.

"Shut up," you retorted.

Jungkook chuckled again.

You both were having fun in each other's company. However, whilst you both chatted and laughed, you didn't realise when...

DING DONG!

___________________________________________

edited:  24-11-23