Epilogue

"Pound it!" Ladybug and Chat Noir said simultaneously, fist bumping.

It was the conclusion of another akuma attack. And yet again, they were triumphant.

"Great job, Chat," Ladybug said with a big smile. "Like usual!"

"Thanks Ladybug, but we both know who does most of the work," he teased.

Ladybug smiled wider. She wasn't even upset about the name. Chat Noir had been calling her 'Ladybug' ever since they broke up. No more 'M'lady.' No more 'Bugaboo.' No more 'LB.' Just simply 'Ladybug.' And that was fine. Anything that made him feel comfortable was fine with her.

"Alright, well I'll catch you next time," she said, grabbing her yo-yo to leave.

"Uh, actually," he said, stopping her. "Do you have a minute to talk?"

Ladybug tilted her head. "Yeah, I do. What's up?"

He glanced at the people milling around them. "Not here. Come on, follow me," he instructed before using his baton to propel him to the nearest rooftop.

Once they both landed, he put his hand to the back of his neck. "So this is a little embarrassing, but I was kind of wondering if you're free tomorrow night."

A pause.

"Why?" Ladybug asked, confused.

"It's just, my father is holding another one of those charity events..."

"Another one?" she interrupted.

"Well yeah, they're held twice a year."

"It's been six months since the last one?" she demanded incredulously.

A chuckle. "Yes, it has been."

She blinked at him. "Wow, that's... unbelievable."

"Yeah, I know," he murmured. "Well anyway, I was hoping that you'd be available to go with me."

Another pause. Then she started laughing. "You're joking, right?"

"Sadly, no," he replied with a smile.

"You can't be serious, Chat. Do you really want to start the rumors up again by inviting Ladybug to another dinner? The press would have a field day!"

"Oh, well... the thing is, uh... I'm not inviting Ladybug. I uh, I'm inviting you, Marinette."

And she stopped laughing. "Me?"

"Yeah."

"But why would you..."

"I'm just worried that if I don't have an official date with me, that Nathalie will force me to dance with some random girl there. And we both know how that could go," he added, trying not to smile.

"Yes, we definitely don't want that to happen again," Ladybug replied, teasing him.

He laughed. "So, what do you say?"

A sigh. "I don't know, Chat. Won't that be weird? And besides, I don't think your father would be happy. He didn't seem to like me very much back when we were together."

"Don't take it personally," he insisted. "My father doesn't like anyone. Not even me."

Ladybug smiled at the joke. Then the smile fell as she thought about it. "I don't know..."

"Please? I mean, just think about it. It's a great chance for you to wear your dress. It's too fancy to wear on a daily basis, but for an event like this it's perfect."