Chapter 22

"Stop it, Mom." I sobbed while she is watching my tears rolled down my cheeks. "You're making me cry." Bumuhos pa lalo ang mga luha ko.

"I'm so... fond of you, Asher." That line. "I wasn't able to see you grow in my arms because of my work. I'm so proud of you... being a nice, kind, and lovable kid." She hugged me tightly. I heard his soft sobs too. My Mom is crying.

"I wasn't able to show my love for you. Forgive me. I wasn't happy... when I decided to give you a way to  make your own decisions in that kind of age. When I was 14, I was just watching cartoons and was not able to see what is going on around. But you?... I can see, with those beautiful eyes of yours, that in the meantime you're going to leave us and live your own." She cried on my shoulder. She was still crying, as well as me.

"I will never leave, Mommy. I'll stay with you, all of you... forever. I love you." I whispered the last sentence.

"I love you more, my daughter." My heart ached at that part. And I don't know why. Maybe I was just able to hear it when I was in the age of 17? Maybe because it is my first time to hear it?

Kinalas ko na ang pagkakayakap ko kay Mommy. She needs to rest. Mukha siyang pagod galing sa trabaho.

But before we go to bed we ate first. Of course, who would like to starve at the middle of the night.

"Kids, dinner's ready." Dad shouted from the kitchen. We are at our mansion pala. Umuwi ako dahil sa nalalapit kong kaarawan. I was homeschooled for this month... only. Babalik din ako sa August. Maiintindihan din yun ni Tita kung bakit ako umuwi sa amin. Ayaw niya nga akong pauwiin kasi nga wala siyang kasama sa manyon niya. She lived at a nice and a grand mansion but she don't have anyone to stay with her.

I already passed my notes naman. And my school works, I've already done it and send it to Ms. Ferrer, my teacher in my 2nd year,  through her email.

After we're done at our dinner, nag-usap-usap pa kami ng kaunti.

"Kuya Eli, you're already old, 28 perhaps, why don't you marry and make me some niece or nephew." I shrugged. Kuya Von smirked at it.

Ewan ko lang kung wala pa siyang nahanap na pakakasalan niya sa UK. He was there at Glasgow for 7 months. Sabi niya mag-papahangin lang pero 7 months na nandoon. Ang labo niya.

Pahangin din kaya ako sa Korea no? 8 months, para medyo mas lamang ako sa 7 months niya.

Kuya Yvone also did a vacation, more like, visited our old mansion at New York. Mga katulong nalang ang mga nakatira doon since lumuwas kaming lahat dito sa Pilipinas. They are still getting paid naman. Kakatapos lang din ng renovation kaya binisita ni Kuya. And Tita needs someone to look out for our company.

Si Kuya Eli sana ang dapat pupunta doon pero ang rason niya is, sawa na daw siya doon. Hindi niya man lang naisip na bisitahin sina Lolo Papa at si Lola Mama. Did he forget already about them? Cause I don't.

"Sa tingin mo may magugustuhan ako sa mga nakilala ko sa Scotland? Nasa Pilipinas ang gusto ko." He said. Periodt.

Nasa Pilipinas pala edi gumawa na kayo. Gusto ko na ng pamangkin.

"Edi pakasalan mo na. Nandito na pala e." Panunumbat ko.

"We're not yet... official." He said.