Chapter 7: The Little Things

After the two of you had coffee, Hobi asked if he could come back to your house and hang out for awhile. Of course you didn't mind at all. It wasn't even for the fact that you wanted him to remember, or that you two were on the dating path again, you just generally loved Hobi's company. Even before the accident, when you first were dating as teenagers, you just loved to be around him. Even if you guys weren't doing anything, just hanging out quietly beside him, or listening to him talk, or watch him dance, was enough for you. Anything really with his company made you happy.
When the two of you got back to the house, Hobi suggested a movie marathon at first, and you agreed, but once the two of you sat down on the couch, the two of you began talking. You listened to him talk for awhile about all the things he did in the states, all the places he went, the collabs he did, how much complicated choreo he learned and how a lot of it was outside of his comfort zone.
He talked with so much passion and happiness. And even though it made your heartache for you and Chanyeol not being able to be by his side for the adventure, you were still happy that he got pursue what he loved most, his music and his dancing.
"Oh I am sorry, I didn't mean to just babble on." he says looking over to you and placing a hand on your arm.
"No no, dont be sorry. I was enjoying listening. It was fascinating. Honestly." you say with a big smile.
He returns the smile and pulls you closer to him, your head resting on his chest. As he ran his hand down your hair, smoothing it out as he went along. He began to do what he did when you first moved in together, and throughout the remainder of the relationship and marriage, hummed lightly as he held you close to him.
You did all you could not to contain your emotions. Wanting desperately to ask him if he was remembering anything, or if it was just something he was going with. But you decided to just enjoy this small moment.

*Hobi's POV*

I'm not sure at what point I fell asleep, I wasn't sure if she was asleep too, but after awhile of holding her and humming a song off the top of my head, I felt my eyes begin to grow heavy and let myself relax with her and drift off to sleep.
After awhile, my mind drifting to a dream, or to what at least I thought was a dream, it seemed famaliar in a way. Like I had been here before.

"HOBI!!" a famaliar voice calls out to me, and I turn to see YN calling over to me from the street over, standing next to Namjoon.
She looked the same as she did now, only she was a younger, a teenager, senior in high school, maybe?
Her hair was shorter then, and her skin was a little paler, her smile use to reach up to her eyes more back then, she looked happier.
Not that she didn't look happy now, but there was a sadness that was in her eyes behind the happiness. A sadness I wasn't sure how it got there. Did I do that to her? Did I make her so sad?
"Come on Hobi, we are gonna be late! You know how Teacher is if we walk in when she's in the middle of a lesson." she says walking over  to me and pulling me by the arm and across the street where Namjoon was standing shaking his head to and fro with a big grin.
"Honestly Hoseok...." she begins to scold through a laugh, letting go of my sleeve. "You are lucky you have good grades for graduation. The way your head has been in the clouds these days. All this talk you and Namjoon say of going for kpop audtions has you both slipping." she says pointing between the two of us and then turning and walking away.
"Have you told her yet?" Namjoon says as he nudges my side.
"Told her what?" I say in confusion looking up to him.
"How you feel? Hobi...you haven't told her yet have you?" Namjoon says through a scoff as he rolls his eyes.
"I thought she already knew?" I asked in confusion looking up to him.
Namjoon stops and looks to me with a confused look, his eyebrow raised. "Hobi, is your mind really that fogged up lately? You had this whole big speech prepared for her and everything....I know, I've had to listen to you repeat it about a half a dozen times reassuring you that it was okay." he says with a laugh.
I still have no clue what he is talking about but I shake my head regardless. "Okay, I will tell her today. At lunch. Bring her to our spot and I will let her know." I say turning back towards another crosswalk and stepping out onto the street.
Just then I heard a car honk and Namjoon screamed out to me to watch out and I jumped back out of the way just in time for the car to miss me. I look over to YN who has a horrified look across her face, and I feel my mind drifiting off to a different memory. There's snow, the roads are sliperry, I'm driving, and I can't get control of the car. And then...