FIFTEEN

I ordered fresh sunflowers today from the new florist downtown. It kinda brightens up the room more.

They were fresh, packed neatly as if they've just been plucked this morning.

I got up to find a vase and walked towards the kitchen while seeing the love of my life, sitting at the dining table.

Typing with his fingers while eyes giving full concentration on the screen.

Trust me, even if you walked past by him. He would have thought it's the wind that was passing by.

I filled the cylindrical transparent vase with water and put the sunflowers inside.

"Oh" Mouadh acted surprised, still unbothered to look at the flowers yet. "were those flowers sent today?"

He did saw it.

"Yes, they were. Thanks to Vera, her flowers were always fresh and vibrant".

He turned to look at me.

"Not as vibrant as you my love" and proceeds to look ahead on the 14-inch screen as his works matters most now.

"Will you be home today?" wishing he would be saying yes and would never have a thought to leave his wife at home.

Although it may sounded clingy, as there hasn't been an interesting topic to talk about nowadays.

He didn't answered nor even nodded.

"Mouadh", I raised my voice a bit thinking the possibilities of things that are currently running in his head.

"Yes, my love". he stopped typing and his hands were under the table.

"I'm currently submitting a very important project and I can't spare the time to ensure that everything is in place as .." without having to listened to his completion of sentence, I dived right in " .. you are the head editor now. Yes, Mouadh.

I've always been acknowledging your efforts to this one but you're ignoring me the whole morning". It was a dragged of an excuse as it was the moment I went into the kitchen thing that had started.

"I know my love, that's why I really need to finish this. I'll be in the study room to focus".

He stood up, carried his laptop and walked upstairs.

"You're not going to have breakfast?" and within seconds I knew he answered immediately while his voice were visible enough to hear.

"No"

My eyes were staring at the window, looking at the clouds shifting beneath the wide blue sky. It might be not-so-wonderful day, but I have errands to go to.