Ten

I went downstairs slowly avoiding the sound of the cracked stairs.
The living room was quiet than ever. All my other relatives were still sleeping while wrapping their blankets. This had been a normal thing for us, if we were to celebrate a wedding. Gather at the bride's house and sleep together.
There's no need for hotels when you have family.

I walked to the kitchen and saw Umi cooking scrambled eggs. The whole 30 eggs of it.
'Good morning dear, I need your help now',
'I thought you've never asked', I open the cupboard and slid a zipper apron onto. I couldn't quite reach the zipper from the back.
As I try earnestly to get it, I had to hear the morning babbling of Umi. Haha.
'This is a mere zipper, love'
I gave a sly smile. 'Syukran Umi',
'You are now a wife, you should know by now the challenges of planning to build a family with your partner',
'But Umi..',
'I'm sorry dear if this was never your upcoming life plans. That young man is a keeper, I tell you insyaAllah. The strongest to face any challenges of you',
'Umi, I don't think it would be that hard since I'm pretty easy to handle',
I crossed my arms.
'Oh really?' umi in her pitched sarcastic voice. 'I've never seen it as easy even when you were 9 months in my stomach', I rushed towards her and hugged her from the back tightly. She smelled of lavender. A pretty one too.
'Which I'm forever grateful I became your daughter',

'I saw the the way you look at him',
I stared at her surprise. 'really',
She smiled as she giggles facing down. 'Things will go smoothly insyaAllah', she said reassuring everything will be alright.
'Good morning', a gruff voice came from outside the kitchen. He wore a white T-shirt that says 'Bezmella' and main trousers. His shoulder were broad and his charming smile were wide through his ears,
That husband of mine.
'Good morning, son in law! Did you sleep well?', umi asked. Her eyes were wide, interested the moment he came into the kitchen.
My mother loved him more, I think.
'It was good Alhamdulillah! Thank you, Mrs..',
'Umi', as she handed a glass of water.
It was awkward and appealing at the same time. We both made eye contact but it was still unusual for us. For me especially.
'I'm actually planning to cook a very easy pasta for our relatives but I need to buy some..',
'..groceries', Mouadh cutting in. 'I can do that',
'Are you sure? You might not be familliar with the place',
Mouadh stares at me.
'I can go with him',
'Of course, do you want me to take away your husband now?', she giggles.
As much as I'm embarrassed to respond, Mouadh's face turned red.

We purposely went inside the car. 'The steering wheel is at the right side',
I laughed. 'What's so funny?', he asked.
'I forgot your steering wheel is at the left side, the Americans they say',
'You on the other hand, the British they say',
'Do you want me to drive then?' I asked him.
He looked at me. 'As much as I want that, I couldn't posssibly let my wife be the driver now can I?',
'I don't mind',
'I got this', then our eyes met.

We got to the grocery store safely. Mouadh's good at mostly everything at the moment. So far, my observations were correct. Haha.
He grabbed a basket. 'How much do we need?',
I looked at my phone. 'A lot I think',
We took mostly everything. Herbs, pasta, pasta sauce, cheese and chocolate treats for the little ones.
'The little ones, are those your cousins?', he asked while putting the groceries at the back of the car.
'Nope, my cousins' daughters and sons. I'm actually pretty late between them.',
He smiled.
'Why are you smiling?',
'I mean we're both not that late', he raised his shoulders.
'What do you mean?', I asked.
'I'm pretty fast with this',
Oh my god. This is so highly uncomfortable.
'Mr. Lateef', I squealed.
He winked at me. 'I'm just kidding. I do also have the little ones at home',
'Well maybe we could have little ones soon',
He looked surprised. 'Laila Humaira, I would be honoured', he bowed down. Like a prince.
I laughed. 'Stop it',

Honeymoon
A few weeks had passed by, we had arranged our honeymoon trip in just about few seconds when beaches were the first thing that we both wanted to go.

HoneymoonA few weeks had passed by, we had arranged our honeymoon trip in just about few seconds when beaches were the first thing that we both wanted to go

We decided among all the clear sea water beaches that exists, we chose Tioman Island, Malaysia.
'Can we go there?', I sat on the bench beside him. Interrupting his concentration of reading. He wears these reading glasses when he reads. He looks attractive, I just couldn't stop staring at him.
He turned his head to my side where our face were near. Breathless at the moment from time to time. Honestly, I began to fall for him day by day.
'Love, we can go anywhere but not when I'm still reading', he pinches my cheek softly while he laughed as he stood up from his seat.
The next thing we knew..

Umi gave us permission to go on our honeymoon the morning I told Mouadh about it

'I don't see a problem about it plus your waleed and I are a bit busy these weekends so it should be fine for the both of you. Mouadh's time here will end soon, take this time while it lasts', were her words to me. Mouadh by my side.
We booked our hotel rooms, and rented a four wheel red Evoque Range Rover. It's a dream car.

We reached the destination after Asr where we performed our salaah and headed to the beach at night. The cold water flows through our feet, as the voices of the sea were the only sounds present. We both walked slowly, step by step carefully seizing the moment.
I rubbed my hands, creating friction and heat because they were cold. Mouadh gently held my hand while looking away.
We couldn't bare to speak. It was beautiful in every way.