10-I woke up in a world with a lover

✂--------------------------------------------------------
🎶Song of the day 🎶

Ito- 투모로우바이투게더 ( TXT)

-----------------------------------------------------------

-S O R A-

I strode up in the empty corridor with my hand gripping on the man's arm, eyes sharp looking at each and every corner in search of any soul watching us.

It was afternoon already and everyone had left for lunch, applicants waiting for their turn to be interviewed for the vacant job also left one by one few minutes ago after their interview.

I made an abrupt stop and release my grip on the person whom I dragged with, shifting my attention to him now that I am sure that there is no one here left.

"are you here for the job interview or something else?" I whispered, gazing elsewhere, still on the lookout.

His chuckle was the only response he made and that simply made me avert my attention now at him, waiting for a proper answer that can erase my rising curiosity and suspicion.

"I am here for the job. I swear that I didn't see our encounter coming and I'm more than thrilled though "

I wasn't up with his response and still assumed that he's just making up an excuse. The corner of his lips slid upwards and a small chortle escaped his natural pinkish lips.

"You're still thinking that I'm joking right? I'm serious now. I just find it funny that you're still the same. You always thought that I'm always joking all the time even in the most serious times. But believe me, I am really here for the job. I was drawn to designing since earlier last year and has been practicing all the time by taking lessons by myself only. I have been applying for interview right back before we met at the park "He blurted out and that somehow managed to make me convinced and stop pondering as I nodded my head leisurely.

"Well, goodluck then. You... Really did a great job in there and I'll not be surprised if I see your face again in the company "I admitted honestly, turning my heel around to leave.

"Sora, wait...let's talk this out. But before that, I don't actually want to ask this as I'm afraid if it's personal but why did that smile left your face when you see me? I just can't help but wonder that and seeing your smile fade away made me feel sad inside, that's why I tried to smile at you. Maybe in that way you'll smile too" his suggestion made me stay as I threw my attention back at him.

"You broke your promise tae... You broke my heart the most. You promised me that you'll come home that night, but you didn't. You promised that you won't get mad at me, but you did that time. You promised me that you'll not break my heart like the others, but you did. How about my promise? I promised that you will be my last lover and I still keep that promise. You'll be the last one that will break my heart too. But I don't blame you now ,it's my fault afterall that I'm not that good enough for you. It's my fault for making stupid promises that I know won't last forever. But before you say anything, I'm sorry for leaving you that time. How is she? Did you treat her the way you treat me during our dates? Did she say bad things about you? Did you two continue make paper hearts tae? I'm dying to know how things are between you two. You're probably already planning to propose her "I chuckled at the end to lightened up the mood but his expression changed gradually to more sad and he kept on shaking his head a bit.