CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: RACE

You have no idea how long you've been on the run right now, when you saw what the content inside the paper your mind just went autopilot; to get away as far as possible from the castle.

After some panicked running with the horse you had came across a small village in the middle of the snowy forest. Considering that the snow terrain has still not changed you figured that you're still in the kingdom, just far away from the palace.

When you finally had the time to look at the map you found out that you're indeed still inside the kingdom, just far away from the palace. You had gotten off of the horse and grabbed his reigns, leading him to a nearby stable that was besides an inn.

You were on edge, even though you had made a great distance away from the palace you can't help but look around you. you were paranoid, you put on the hood of your cloak- just in case someone recognize you as the runaway princess from the damon land. after checking in for a room and for food you stayed there for an hour or two before deciding to get going now, you would cherish the moments here and even check in for a day or two if there's no one chasing you right now.

Afternoon sun shone down on you as you gripped the reigns of the horse lightly, just as you were enjoying the hurried wind and the scenery around you- you heard a loud 'Caw!' echoed in the air. you whipped your head to every direction as you stopped the horse from running, it was not that long when your eyes landed to a crow flying just above you.

Your eyes squint a bit before it widens as the crow dove down to your direction. you made no movement that could be threatening to the crow but instead you stayed put on your horse, you held out your hand out of instinct, a habit that you had grown to have when your dove was still in your position. you wonder how the dove is doing in niki's manor.

As if the crow understood the gesture it dove down and landed on your extended arm. Your mouth pulled up to a small smile, "Hey little buddy" Your eyes then landed on it's feet to see that there's a paper folded and was tied to one of it's feet. you look back to the crow before untying the paper and unfolding it.

Y/N, I am glad to hear that you're finally on the move again.

Bad news, Dream is here- well, was here.

He is on his way to the stronghold, I have all of my fate to you that you will outrun him before he outruns you.

Whatever business you might have in the stronghold, I hope you make it there safely.

He just left after causing a ruckus, I hope this letter made it's way to you safety.

Oh and if the little shit misbehave do not be afraid to give it some whacking.

-Philza

You were relieved to see that he did not oppose of the idea of you going to the stronghold. you did not get to discuss your plans with him but you were glad to hear that he did not oppose of the idea. and 'little shit'? is he talking about the crow? with a chuckle you looked at the crow who only tilted it's head at you as if it understands you.

Your heart skipped a beat when you finished reading the letter, dream is on his way to the stronghold too? that means he might be close. with a frown you were about to crumple the paper when you noticed that there's some writings too on the back of the paper.

You flipped it and read it's contents.

Long story short, Techno and him fought and now techno's on his way too. he was not happy about you leaving without saying anything.

yep, you're dead.

With a grunt, you whipped the reigns and the horse charged forward. the crow resting on your arms released a caw before flying to the air and leaving the area, You have to get to the stronghold before one of them gets to you.

This was not suppose to happen, none of this was supposed to happen! you originally planned to go there on your own, kill the dragon and get it's blood then return to your home.

Of course it's not that easy but you have faith in yourself, and now that there's two person chasing after you makes it only complicated.

The thought made you sweat a bit.

Lost in thought, you did not noticed the dark figure that was in your way. you only noticed it when the horse released a frightened neigh before stopping, it mounted and you almost fell from the horse- you were glad to hold to the reigns tightly.

"Woah, woah- buddy, what's wrong?" You asked the horse, you didn't expect for a reply but talking out loud to animals has been always your hobby. you pet the horse's head for a bit until it calms down and finally get back on it's feet.

You turn to look at the cause of your horse's fear, only to see a person with a dark cloak on. it's hood was on his head to hide his appearance.

"Um, sir? are you alright?" You asked

As if the person recognized your voice, he perked up and was frozen a bit before making a move. you gasped and reached for your sword that was resting on your hip, he immediately noticed your move and he froze in spot and spoke, "Wait!-"

You halted your movement and your eyes widened at his voice, you froze in spot and let the familiar guy do his thing.

He then took off the hood of his cloak and then turned to you with a broken smile, his white glowing eyes was red from all the crying he has been doing. his hair was a mess, too.

Your eyes almost watered at the sight, 

"Bad?"