Chapter 10

"It's too bad you can't come to work today." Rose frowned.

"I know, but, I'll get better in a few days." I smiled. "Don't worry."

"Well, I have to go now." She sighed. "If you need anything call any of us, okay?"

"Got it. Bye."

"Bye, Navya."

I end the call and put my phone on the night stand, sighing.

I had come down with a fever for three whole days. When I woke up on Wednesday morning, I wasn't feeling too well. My throat kind of hurt and my body kind of ached. I took my temperature and it showed 100.4, meaning I had a fever. I went straight back to bed and got some rest and here I am today, still lying down.

Besides the sore throat and body aches, I had the chills, a headache, fatigue, and loss of appetite.

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

I've been in bed all day and I haven't eaten much. Only when I have to use the bathroom, I get out of bed.

Jesus, this sucks like shit.

At least I have my phone and laptop with me. I want to do work, but I'm way too tired and exhausted to do it.

Why couldn't it have been that motherfucker who got sick!?

She's the one who's causing so much trouble, not me!

I groaned, but it turns into a cough. I sniffled and turn to my side, falling asleep.

💜💜💜

I groaned again, moving around. I rub my eyes, opening them and looking around. I look at the time, seeing it was 10PM.

My eyes widened. "I slept until the night!? Oh, I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep tonight."

I sit up, rubbing my tired face. I was feeling a little bit better, but still sick and unwell. That's when I hear a knock at my door.

I furrow my brows, pursing my lips together.

Who could be here at this time?

"Can I come in?" A voice asked.

I know that voice anywhere.

"Jin!?"

The door opened and my answer was correct.

It was Jin.

"Hi, Navya!" He smiled.

"W-what are you doing here!?"

"We know you're sick, so I decided to bring you some chicken noodle soup and a thermos of warm water." He handed me the thermos with a smile.

A/N: 🎶Chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side~🎶

Jin brought me chicken noodle soup?

And warm water?

I smiled, taking it from him. "Thank you, I bet it's delicious."

He nodded. "You're welcome."

I put it on my nightstand, next to the orange juice. I looked back at Jin and he had his brows furrowed.

"What?"

"Aren't you gonna eat it?"

"I don't have much of an appetite."

"Well, did you eat or drink anything today?"

"I did a little bit..."

"Did you have a full meal?"