The Competition Begins

I smile as I make my way to the studio.

"And everyone will watch us, and they'll love our dancing." Maddie talks my ear off as her younger sister, Mackenzie, opens the front door.

"Hello." Our dance instructor, Abby, smiles as the three of us enter the dance studio.

"Hi." We reply and continue our way.

I follow the sisters into the dancer's den and sit down.

"Abby looks so excited." Maddie smiles as we take our street clothes off.

"You're the most excited one though." I comment.

"Yeah, don't you have some turns to do?" Mackenzie asks and I chuckle.

"Oh, shut up." Maddie tells her younger sister.

"You shut up." Mackenzie replies.

"What if both of you shut up?" I suggest, "I'll shut up after that."

"Fine!" The sisters scoff.

Maddie starts stretching on the floor while Mackenzie sits down and pouts.

"I wish I had another sister." Mackenzie crosses her arms.

"Me too." Maddie rolls her eyes.

Before I could say anything else, the door opens and the Hyland girls come in.

"Oh gosh, I need you guys to help me." I walk over to them and wrap my arms around Paige.

"What happened?" The older sister, Brooke, asks.

"The Zieglers are fighting." I answer as I pull away, "And they were in a "shut up" competition."

"Geez, you may as well do a documentary on our lives." Maddie comments, her back facing the rest of us.

I stick my tongue out and start stretching with Maddie as Chloe walks into the dancer's den.

"Is everyone here?" Chloe asks and Paige shakes her head.

"Nia hasn't arrived." Brooke answers.

"I saw her in the parking lot." Maddie says, "Well, the car was already turned off when I walked past it."

"She'll be here soon." Chloe says and she looks over to Mackenzie, "What's wrong with Kenzie?"

"She's mad." Paige answers.

"I'm not mad!" Mackenzie yells.

Maddie and I share a knowing look.

"Hi." Everyone looks over to Nia, who enters the dancer's den and Chloe hugs her.

"Now we're all here." Chloe smiles.

"I think we should enter studio "A"." Paige suggests, "The moms are already in."