Miami Heat Wave

"Congratulations on a great job at Fire & Ice. I think the judges said: "I do"." Abby says.

I said: "I don't".

Abby reveals the bottom headshot:

"Genevieve."

I was disappointed in myself, but it made sense.

Everyone else looked shocked.

"New rule: no eating at the bus before a competition." Abby says, "Genevieve, your solo was scratched and we had to re-block the group dance minutes before going onstage. You should look around and thank those girls that led the group routine to victory, even after you managed to screw it up."

"It wasn't her fault that she got sick." Mom comments.

"Genevieve." I look at Abby, "You made me look like a fool in front of Cathy and her rotten apples. You are lucky that I won't bench you for that."

Christi: Yes, she won't bench Genevieve because she knows that the group would be screwed up without her. I don't get Abby's games. One day, Evie's the favorite. The next one, she's trash from the past.

Maddie

Nia   Giselle   Chloe

Mackenzie   Paige   Brooke   Genevieve

"All right, now, this weekend, we will be traveling to Miami Beach, Florida." Abby announces, "There's sun, there's sand and there's pool boys. We will all be performing a group number."

"Even me?" Kenzie asks.

"Even you." Abby answers, "The group number is called "Reputation". I want you to think about Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon in Beach Blanket Bingo. Now, moms, when those girls get home tonight, I want you to look at some of those old movies. I want the girls to see what that's all about because that's gonna be their group number. It's '60, it's pony, it's swim, cute, cute, cute. Fun in the sun."

I smile as Nia and Chloe pretend to swim.

"This week, Maddie, you have a solo. Chloe, you will also be doing a solo. My next soloist will be Nia." Abby continues, "We also have a trio with Maddie, Chloe, and Paige."

The three girls cheer and hug.

Paige: I'm so excited to be back in the trio, but I feel bad for Genevieve because she's probably not in it just because Abby's mad at her.

Paige then raises her hand.

"Yes?"

"I just want you to know that I have to get my warts cut out of my feet tomorrow," Paige answers, leaving Abby speechless.

"They said she should be fine to dance in three days." Kelly adds, "So we'll be cutting it close."

"But I don't want to put her in a trio, and then have her physically be in pain while she's learning it." Abby comments.

"We can't change the appointment." Kelly says, "I-I've changed it, like, fifteen times. Sh-She's having a hard time walking on it."

"You know what?" Abby says, "I'm gonna have to think about that. I might put someone else in the trio. You need to get that fixed; that takes priority. So, we need to start working on this group number right away. It's gonna be a long week."

~~~

After a pretty big argument between Holly and Abby, the Fraziers stormed out of the studio and no one has seen them since.