Do you think she could handle it?

Jinora's pov...

As we walked down the road i was eating an apple Aunt Kya brought me from the nearby corner store.  The food wasn't bad but it is a little bit bitter and as for the rest of the people who were walking back and forth only for people" - remember when i told you i asked mom?," i asked. " Yeah," she said. " Well turns out i was a little dishonest. Grandma Katara gave me permission," I said.  Kya slightly gave me a smile. " Yeah, i knew that," she said. I slightly widened my eyes. " You did?," i asked. She turned towards me, eye pupils glowing. " We're blood related, i can see right through you," she said. " Like how you stole that dress," she pointed. " hey i needed something, i can't just walk around town completely naked, you know how people are," i said. " True," she said. " And besides mom used to let us swim in the ocean all the time, we would always follow dad to mysterious places like underwater caves filled with glowing worms or say hi to Firelord Zuko or meeting Azula," she explained. " Sounds like a trip, how far was it?," i asked. " it was pretty far, but does it matter? We were having fun, meeting new animals, meeting new mermaids who were surprisingly very friendly during those times," she said. " You must've had a lot of fun," i said, putting a string of hair at the back of my ear. " Those were the days," she said, daydreaming about it. " If dad had fun during those times than how come he doesn't let me swim in the sea?," i asked. Kya stopped and looked at me. " Well you see times have changed and due to what happened after your grandfather died he just wants to protect you from the dangers of  humans-," " Im a hybrid Aunt Kya, does that make me half human?," i asked.

 Kya sighed and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. " Yes but you have maintained full blood it's the only way to-," " -He doesn't even let me finish my song," i angrily interrupted. Kya tensed up a little at my harsh tone. But she has to understand. Ever since i was born i was already forbidden from ever singing or seeing anything outside of the air temple walls. " What?," she asked in disbelief. " yeah he said it's dangerous and it would bring uninvited visitors," i said. " Have you ever tried singing somewhere else?," she asked. " No, he hears everything. I'm barely learning about my culture and if my songs not finished i don't know what will happen," i said, rubbing my head through paranoia.  " It's going to be alright," aunt Kya said. " On the way i met another mermaid," i said. 

" Really?," Kya asked intrigued. " Yeah but she didn't seem happy to see me," I downley say. " That depends, what tribe is she from?," she asked. " I don't really know," i said. " But i heard that earth is the color of green so maybe she was an earth mermaid,"  i said in response. " Well what you  just witnessed is being caught in another sirens territory," Kya said, walking us down the street. " If you are spotted in their territory they could harm you, that's why you always stay alarmed," Aunt Kya said. " Is that why you and Uncle Bumi always carry a spear before you go?," i asked. " You could say that," Kya said. " But i don't understand, how come they get angry when they see another mermaid? Aren't they happy to meet someone new?," i asked. " Sweetheart, sometimes mermaids don't want another mermaid from a different tribe in their territory, they could start a war. And besides, mermaids are very territorial, especially   since the incident between earth mermaids and pirates," Kya explained. " But what about Korra?," I asked. Kya eyes laid on me as her eye pupils slowly started to turn a bright blue. " Are you sure Mrs Sato could handle it? I mean we have another room. Korra would feel welcome with us," i reassured. In response Aunt Kya silently whistled a little as we both have walked  down the forest grounds. " I'm not sure if Asami could handle it in all honesty," she said as she gently rubbed her arms.  And i don't think your dad would be happy with that establishment anyway's," she answered. 

" Listen, i  know she's your friend but once she finds what she's looking for i'm not sure she would come back," Kya said. " Now we could only hope for the best, if something goes wrong then i'll be able to keep her locked up," Kya said. " Just like me and my siblings?," i asked, giving her pure white eyes with no pupils. Kya sighed and looked back at the ocean. " Hey look," she pointed as a way of trying to cheer me up. I turned my head  towards where she wanted me to look at only for my eyes to land on the ocean. " We're here," she said, trying her best to sound a little enthusiastic after our little conversation.  " Are you ready?," she asked. I once again sighed in response and slightly shrugged since i really didn't care all that much about getting back into the water all i really cared about doing was staying out here in the republic city and look around more, but with all the time i actually have before my dad even expects anything from another " Missing Jinora" than i guess it's best that i just bail on my idea's and actually listen to my aunt. " Alright," I said. I grabbed her hand and walked inside the ocean. Even though the water hasn't kicked in yet i was a little nervous. " I hope dad doesn't get mad if he finds out i swimmed all the way here into republic city," i said. " Don't worry, i'll just tell him that you were under my supervision," Kya said. We walked deeper and deeper into the water until our heads were completely covered....

Sorry if this was a small chapter but i will do better next time peace :)