Chapter 3

It was by the end of the first week of school when the party Nikita had thought of having took place. It was set to go down on a Saturday night at her and Lexi's apartment, much to the latter's dismay. Still, Lexi kept her feelings to herself, as she didn't want to upset Nikita about the matter.

As long as our apartment is in one piece after the party's over, it's fine, Lexi thought as she finished getting the last of the snacks out.

Nikita suddenly arrived at the apartment with alcohol in hand. She had a brown bag in her arms that contained vodka and tequila.

"I'm assuming that's not all of it," Lexi said.

"You know me well," Nikita replied with a smirk. "I'm about to grab the beer cases too. Could you please give me a hand?"

"Yeah, of course."

The two women slowly brought up two cases of beer into their apartment. Once that was settled, they looked around the living room and kitchen.

"Tonight's gonna be a lot of fun," Nikita remarked.

I guess, Lexi thought. But she pushed that thought aside and nodded. "Yeah, it'll be fun."

With that, they each went into their bedrooms to get ready for tonight. Lexi put on some makeup, making sure to add a little lip balm too. She knew Isaac was coming, so she wanted to be prepared to kiss him again. The thought made her smile, but she stayed focused on the task at hand. She proceeded to curl her long hair into beachy waves, and then looked to her closet to figure out what to wear. She eventually settled on a black cropped tank and black denim short shorts. She examined herself with her floor-length mirror with a larger smile.

I feel great, Lexi thought.

She then whipped out her phone to text Isaac.

Lexi: Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

She then left her bedroom to finish preparing the apartment for tonight's party, hoping that it would be a fun night with Isaac and their friends.

***

By about 10 PM that night, the party was in full swing. Felipe, Isaac, and DeShawn were there, as well as many mutual friends of theirs. A few of Nikita's friends from her program were also in attendance. With so many people there, the apartment felt cramped and hot for a change. Despite this, Lexi relaxed on the couch with Isaac by her side. Having him there made the whole thing a little more bearable.

"You and Nikita sure know how to throw one hell of a party," Isaac remarked.

Lexi rolled her eyes with a grin. "Nikita gets all the credit for this. She just asks me to do something, and I do it."

Isaac chuckled. "Fair enough. I'm just glad we all got together tonight. I missed these parties."

"Honestly, I kinda did too," Lexi admitted.

The couple shared a brief kiss before Lexi moved closer to her boyfriend. His arm wrapped around her torso to keep her close to his body. She rested her head on his shoulder and grinned widely. She stayed like that for a moment before looking back up at Isaac.

"This feels right," Isaac commented.

"It really does," Lexi replied. "I'd like to sit here for a little while longer, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," Isaac said before kissing her head.

Lexi smiled as her eyes scanned her surroundings. Students were packed into their living room. They were busy dancing or drinking the night away without a single care in the world. Isaac was right— it was shaping up to be one hell of a party.