Chapter 19

Lexi and Isaac hung out in the crowded kitchen during the end-of-semester party. They managed to stand in a spot near it where it wasn't nearly as crowded. It was still a bit tight, but they did their best to make it work.

"Great party!" Lexi exclaimed.

"Thanks," Isaac replied. "I'm glad you were able to make it."

"Of course I'd come! Anything to spend more time with you, babe," Lexi said.

The couple kissed despite how hectic their surroundings were. Lexi draped her arms around Isaac's neck while he had one arm around her waist. She then leaned into his ear.

"We could always go somewhere more private," she suggested before pulling away.

"Perhaps," Isaac said thoughtfully. "Actually, that sounds like a great idea."

Lexi kissed his cheek. "I like that. I would like to use the washroom first though. I'll meet you in your room, okay?"

"Sounds good. Just text me when you get there, okay? I probably won't be able to hear you knocking on my door."

"Alright. See you soon, babe."

Isaac left for his bedroom while Lexi got in the small line-up for the washroom. It was while there that Lexi spotted Felipe standing several feet away near the living room. He was busy talking to an attractive woman that she didn't recognize. But she didn't think too much of it— it wasn't an unusual sight, after all. Just as she was getting to the front of the line, Nikita suddenly approached her.

"Hey," Lexi greeted.

"Hey! Waiting to use the bathroom?" Nikita asked.

Lexi nodded. "The line's so damn long."

"Fun. Have you seen Felipe anywhere?"

"Yeah, he's just over there."

Nikita looked over to where Lexi had spotted him. He had progressed from chatting with the mystery woman to touching her arm. Her hands were all over his chest without regard for anyone possibly watching them.

Lexi noticed how stiff Nikita had become. She stopped her just as she was about to walk away.

"What's wrong?"

"Well," Nikita began, "Felipe had told me that he was gonna fuck me later tonight. But I guess that's not happening now that he's found his newest conquest."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lexi remarked. "I didn't know."

Nikita tried to shrug it off. "It's fine. I didn't care anyway. I gotta go."

She then left to go to the living room. She appeared to look over at Felipe, but he paid her no mind. He was too busy trying to woo over the mystery woman.

I don't think I've ever seen Nikita that upset, Lexi thought as she finally entered the bathroom.

Once done, she left to go find Isaac's bedroom. But she only made it as far as the entrance of the kitchen when someone grabbed her shoulder and spun her around on her heels.

"What the fuck?!"

Cassie blinked in fake shock. "What? Didn't expect to see me here?"

"I didn't expect you to grab me, that's for sure," Lexi revealed. "What the hell do you want anyway?"

"Oh, I just wanted to ask you if Isaac finally came to his senses and dumped your ass," she slurred.

"No, he didn't dump me," Lexi replied. "Now fuck off, Cassie. You're drunk as hell."