Enter Deku

Izuku Midoriya as he's referred to as lives with his mom. He mostly spends his weekends and after school hours searching for All Might, The former #1 Hero gone rogue. It was Sunday and he was on a binge search. He had no idea of what was gonna happen next. Inko had become a slave to the IKEA nesting instinct. He even became a hacker. As a hacker he uses the name Deku. It was late. Exact same time Uravity found out about him. Weed like cables coil everywhere, duct taped into thickets that wind up and around the legs of several desks. Tabletops are filled with cannibalized equipment that lay open like an autopsied corpse. At the center of this technological rat nest is Deku, a teen who knows more about living inside a computer than outside one. He is asleep in front of his PC. Behind him, the computer screen suddenly goes blank. A prompt appears:

Wake up, Deku.

Deku's eye pries open. He sits up, one eye still closed, looking around, unsure of where he is. He notices the screen. He types "CTRL X" but the letter "T" appears.

"What...?"

He hits another and an "H" appears. He keeps typing, pushing random functions and keys while the computer types out a message as though it had a mind of its own. He stops and stares at the four words on the screen:

The Matrix has you.

"What the hell?"

He hits the "ESC" button. Another message appears:

Follow Midnight.

He hits it again and the message repeats. He rubs his eyes but when he opens them, there is another message:

Knock, knock, Deku.

Someone knocks on his door and he almost jumps out of his chair. He looks back at the computer, but the screen is now blank. Someone knocks again. Deku rises, still unnerved.

"Who is it?" Deku asks.

"It's Kuroo." The voice responds

Deku flips a series of locks and opens the door, leaving the chain on. A young man with black and white hair and a scar running down his face stands there with several of his friends.

"You're two hours late."

"I know. It's her fault."

"You got the money?"

"Two grand." He takes out an envelope and gives it to Deku through the cracked door.

"Hold on."

He closes the door. On the floor near his bed is a book, Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulations. The book has been hollowed out and inside are several USB drives. He takes one, sticks the money in the book and drops it on the floor. Opening the door, he hands the drive to Kuroo.

"Hallelujah! You are my Savior, man! My own personal Jesus!"

"If you get caught using that..."

"I know, I know. This never happened. You don't exist."

"Right..."

Deku nods as the strange feeling of unrealness suddenly returns.

"Something wrong, man? You look a little whiter than usual." Kuroo asks

"I don't know... My computer..." He looks back at Kuroo, unable to explain what just happened. "You ever have the feeling that you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

"All the time. It's called Peyote and it is the only way to fly." He smiles and fist bumps with his nearest pal. "It sounds to me like you need to unplug, man. A little R&R. What do you think, Anzu, should we take him with us?"

"Definitely."

"I can't. I have School tomorrow."

"Come on. It'll be fun. I promise."

He looks up at her and suddenly notices on her back, A tattoo of Midnight. This was the sign his computer told him to follow.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, I'll go."

He then followed them to a party in the city. At an Apartment building. a series of halls connects a chain of small high ceilinged rooms lined with heavy casements. Smoke hangs like a veil, blurring the few lights there are. Dressed predominately in black, people are everywhere, gathered in cliques around pieces of furniture like jungle cats around a tree. Deku was never invited to parties.

Deku stands against a wall, alone, sipping a can of Pippu, feeling completely out of place. He is about to leave when he notices a woman staring at him.The woman is Uravity. She walks straight up to him.In the nearest room, shadow-like figures grind against each other to the pneumatic beat of industrial music.

"Hello, Deku."

"How do you know that name?"

"I know a lot about you. I've been wanting to meet you for some time."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Uravity."

"Uravity? The Uravity? The Uravity that cracked the I.M.F.D-Base from the inside?" Deku is geeking out internally.

"That was a long time ago." She confirmed it.

"Oh Keanu."

"What?"

"I just thought... you were a guy."

"Most guys do."

Deku is a little embarrassed.

"Do you want to go somewhere and talk?"

"No. It's safe here and I don't have much time."

The Music is so loud they must stand very close, talking directly into each other's ear. "That was you on my computer?" She nods. "How did you do that?"

"Right now, all I can tell you, is that you are in danger. I brought you here to warn you."

"Of what?"

"They're watching you, Deku."

"Who is?"

"Please. Just listen. I know why you're here, Deku. I know what you've been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone and why, night after night, you sit at your computer. You're looking for him." Her body is against his; her lips very close to his ear. "I know because I was once looking for the same thing, but when he found me he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer." There is a hypnotic quality to her voice and Deku feels the words, like a drug, seeping into him. "It's the question that drives us,the question that brought you here. You know the question just as I did."

"What is the Matrix?"

"When I asked him, he said that no one could ever be told the answer to that question. They have to see it to believe it." She leans close, her lips almost touching his ear. "The answer is out there, Deku. It's looking for you and it will find you, if you want it to."

She turns and he watches her melt into the shifting wall of bodies.A sound rises steadily, growing out of the music,pressing in on Deku until it is all he can hear is an Alarm clock, slowly dragging Deku to consciousness. He strains to read the clock-face:9:15 A.M.

"Shit shit shit."

Just like Marty McFly he's late for School.