Deja Vu (A Glitch in the Matrix)

Grape was looking at a magazine the image had a model who happened to Mouse's inspiration for the woman in the red dress. He's in the zone until his smartphone rings.

"Welcome to Moviefone."

"They're on their way."

As they get out of the car, Lazar smiles at Deku.

"Like the man says, welcome to the real world."

Lazer, following the others into the hotel, nervously glances around, wiping the sweat from his forehead. In reality sweat rolls down Lazer's face and neck. At the operator's station, Mic is typing rapidly.

"What is that...?"

Light filters down the throat of the building through a caged skylight at the top of the open elevator shaft. Six figures glide up the dark stairs that wind around the antique elevator. Deku notices a black cat, a yellow-green eyed shadow that slinks past them and pads quickly down the stairs. A moment later, Deku sees another black cat that looks and moves identically to the first one.

"Don't say it." Neo said.

"Whoa. Deja vu."

Deku noticed he did a facepalm. Those words stop the others dead in their tracks. The monitors suddenly glitch as though the Matrix had an electronic seizure.

"Oh shit! Oh shit!" Mic yells

Uravity turns around, her face tight.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing. Just had a little deja vu."

"What happened? What did you see?"

"A black cat went past us and then I saw another that looked just like it."

"How much like it? Was it the same cat?"

"It might have been. I'm not sure."

Uravity looks at All Might who listens quietly to the rasping breath of the old building.

"What is it?"

"A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something."

She also listens as the staccato beat of helicopter blades grows ominously loud.

Mic sees what was changed.

"It's a trap!" Mic says.

All Might looks up the stairs as he hears a helicopter.

"Come on!"

Fire_Ice slaps a gun into Deku's hand.

"Something to ward off evil spirits. I hope the Oracle gave you some good news." He said.

Deku nods, stuffing it into his belt. Heavy bolt cutters snap through the main phone cable. Hearing the helicopter, Grape goes to the draped windows as his smartphone rings. He answers it.

"They cut the hardline! It's a trap! Get out!" Mic yelled to Grape.

Grape yanks open the curtain.

"Oh no."

The windows are bricked up. He then spins as the rumble of combat boots builds, then explodes into the room.

Mic watches helplessly.

"No, no, no."

All Might stops as Grape's scream is drowned out by the report of machine gun fire. Grape ran out of bullets and he sails backwards as two officers fire bullets pounding him against the blood-spattered brick window. Grape's body thrashes against its harness, blood coughing from his mouth in one final spasm, then lying perfectly still. The flatline alarm softly cries out from the life monitor. He was dead. Flying downstairs, All Might stops, hearing police swarming below. He turns and rushes down the hall of the eighth floor. At the end of it, he finds the bricked-up windows.