Return of Smith/The Plan

A government highrise in the middle of downtown where a military helicopter sets down on the roof. Agent Jones gets out of the helicopter alongside another program dressed the same except he has black hair, Agent Smith, flanked by columns of Marines. They open the roof access door and enter the top floor maintenance level of the hotel.

Agent Bakugo stands, staring out the windows at the city below shimmering with brilliant sunlight.

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, All Might? Marveled at its beauty. Its genius. Billions of people just living out their lives... oblivious." Bakugo said quoting his boss. All Might is handcuffed to a chair, stripped to the waist. He is alternately shivering and sweating, wired to various monitors with white disk electrodes. Beside him, Agent Lamperouge sucks a serum from a glass vial, filling a hypodermic needle. "Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost." Agent Lamperouge jams the needle into All Might's shoulder and plunges down. "Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery." Agent Lamperouge studies the screens as the life signs react violently to the injection. "The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization." He turns from the window. "I say 'your civilization' because as soon as we started thinking for you, it really became our civilization, which is, of course, what this is all about." He sits down directly in front of him. "Evolution, All Might. Evolution." He lifts All Might's head. "Like the dinosaur. Look out that window. You had your time." All Might stares hard at him, trying not to show the pain racking his mind. "The future is our world, All Might. The future is our time." Agent Bakugo looks at Agent Lamperouge. "Double the dosage."

Agent Jones suddenly enters alongside Agent Smith.

"There could be a problem."

"You idiots tried to redo my old plan without you telling me." Smith said.

Mic drapes a sheet over his dead friend. The other bodies are covered. I look at All Might, whose body is covered with a cold sweat.

"What are they doing to him?"

"They're breaking into his mind. It's like hacking a computer. All it takes is time."

"How much time?"

"Depends on the mind. But eventually, it will crack and his alpha pattern will change from this to this." Mic punches several commands on All Might's personal unit. The monitor waves change from a chaotic pattern to an ordered symmetrical one. "When it does, All Might will tell them anything they want to know."

"What do they want?"

"The leader of every ship is given the codes to IO's mainframe computer. If an Agent had those codes and got inside IO's mainframe, they could destroy us."
He looks up at Uravity who is pacing relentlessly. "We can't let that happen, Uravity. IO is more important than me. Or you, or even All Might."

Uravity sees Lazer's dead body. Rage overtakes her and she kicks him. "Goddamnit! Goddamnit!"

"There has to be something that we can do."

"There is. We have to pull the plug."

"You're going to kill him? Kill All Might?!"

"Uravity, we don't have any other choice."

All Might is fighting to hold his mind together. The Agents stand over him.

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."