T H R E E

I wake from yet another dream filled with memories of when life was good, I sat there for a moment trying to push down the feelings that had resurfaced, annoyed that even my own mind was against me.

"We're here." Thank god, the six of us walk out into the sandy desert of Australia on our way to the two eternals I had missed dearly.

I grimace once we come across a dead deviant on the dry ground. "Is this the deviant you fought in London?" Kingo asks as we all look at it, "no it's different, there must be more out there than we thought." Ikaris answers before we continue, Kingo and Karun behind us still talking about the deviant.

I tune out Kingo as he begins talking for his documentary, introducing Thena and Gilgamesh. It takes a moment but Gilgamesh opens the door wearing a kiss the cook apron which showed the marks on his arm, probably from the deviant.

"What took you so long?" He questions waving the camera away, "you look younger today Sprite." He adds as he walks past us, "I have the same apron." Karun says making me smile as Gilgamesh turns back to see him.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Karun, Kingo's valet."

"Oh valet like Alfred in Batman."

"Gilgamesh, the deviants are back." Ikaris says making me snort, well he knew that judging by the dead one not so far from us. "No shit, I could've used some help." Gilgamesh says as he tends to whatever food it was he was making.

"We were attacked by a deviant in London too." Sprite tells him, "even Ikaris couldn't kill it." Sersi adds making Ikaris turn to her. "You couldn't?" Gilgamesh asks turning to face him. "I was distracted." He says making me shrug, "sounds like an excuse to me." I say making him glare at me as Gil laughs. "Hey you guys wanna try my pie." He asks us pulling it out making me nod, "yes that looks so good and I'm starving." He grins at me.

"I'm sorry Gil, Ajak's dead." Ikaris tells him making his smile drop, "it's true buddy we lost her." Sprite confirms making his hands fall by his side, the pie also falling apart. No one says anything as he sits and crushes the pan mourning the loss.

"You guys couldn't have told him after I got the pie?" I ask as Gil is leading us to Thena. "I didn't tell him." Kingo shrugs holding his hands up. Thena's sat with her back to us, she's sat drawing, on the ground. Gilgamesh said the attack had triggered her and so we all keep a bit of distance.

"Hey Thena, look who's here." She doesn't respond, "give me your hand." Suddenly she gets up and tries to hit him with her staff. We all jump by the sudden movement, Kingo even moving forward slightly to shield Sprite and I.

"Everyone in centuri-6 is going to die." She says her eyes colourless, "give me your hand." Gilgamesh instructs, "it's too late we can't save them." She continues, "Thena." She summons another weapon but doesn't attack as Sprite begins an illusion.

"Thena. We came to Earth together on our ship. You're an eternal, the greatest warrior of Olympia. The legendary protector of Athens, goddess of war. Remember who you are."

Her weapons retreat as she blink and Gilgamesh slips his hand into hers, "remember." He says gently and then her eyes return to normal and she's back. "Thena." Ikaris says in greeting as Kingo and I wave with a hi.

"Hello." She says watching us all. "Wait who's your Gardner?" Kingo asks making me snort and push him. "You're not gonna attack us are you?" I ask Thena who shakes her head and so I smile and move forwards to hug her, she's stunned a moment but she returns the hug even, holding me tighter than I was holding her. "I missed you." She smiles softly, "I missed you too."