F I V E

I sigh as I leave the others, I sure was sighing a lot recently and I knew we couldn't physically age but the stress I had been feeling was making me feel like my hair would start sprouting grey any minute. 

I stop a moment deciding what I should say to Druig. I shouldn't be too hard on him right now, we had all gone through the same shock of the truth.

As I think about what to say to him, I couldn't help think of the day he left.

"I thought mahd why'ry was a myth." We were all stood around waiting for Thena to regain consciousness after she'd attacked us, "there is no cure so no one really talks about it." Ikaris was pacing and I was stood with Druig against the wall. He had his arms wrapped around me and I was leaning back into chest.

He pulls me behind him once Thena gasps herself awake. "What happened?" She asks her eyes wide as she's laying there. "You attacked everyone, you wounded sersi, Phastos, you nearly killed Makkari and Calypso." Ajak tells her as she sits up, "I don't remember." Now that we see Thena was our Thena Druig relaxes and slips his hand into mine instead of holding me.

"You have mahd wy'ry, your mind is fractured under the weight of your memories and all I can do is erase them so you can start over, I will have to inform Arishem and take you back to the ship, where we have the technology to help."

"But she won't be Thena anymore." Makkari signs, "what if it hallemd again? She could've killed you, she could've killed all of us." Kingo says making me frown. "Please. Please I want to remember, I want to remember my life."

"Thena I love you, but listen? It's not important if you remember or not, your spirit will remain, you will always be Thena deep inside. Trust me."

"Why should she trust you?" I try to pull on Druigs arm to ask him not to do this now but he lets me go and walks forward. "You're asking her to let you erase who she is."

"Druig I know you're upset-"

"UPSET!" I jump at the volume of his voice as it echos, "we've trusted you for seven thousand years and look where it got us, I've watched humans destroy each other when I could stop it all in a heartbeat. Do you know what that does to someone after centuries?" I look between them unsure of who I would side with. If it came down to it I would pick Druig, I would always pick Druig.

"Could our mission be a mistake? Are we really helping these people build a better world." He turns around, "we're just like the soldiers down there, pawns to their leaders, blinded by loyalty." To be honest I felt as though that last part were a bit aimed at me. "It's ends now."

He begins using his powers on the people below to get them to stop fighting, Ikaris suddenly grabs him by the shoulder and turns him around whilst pushing him back into the wall. "Let then go." Ikaris commands making Druig scoff and push himself forward. "You're gonna have to make me."

"Stop!" Ajak suddenly says stepping forward, making Ikaris move away. "If you wanna stop me, you're gonna have to kill me." He says before turning back around. I quickly reach out for his hand, "Druig please." I ask him softly, my eyes showing my desperation. He looks conflicted for a moment before shaking his head, gently untangling his fingers from mine and leaving down the steps.

I watch him walk tears rolling down my cheeks, "I-I'm sorry Ajak but..." I don't even have to finish my sentence because she understands what I'm saying, "go." She nods in encouragement. Not wasting even a second, I begin running down the steps, after him.

"Druig!" He stops at my voice and allows me to catch up to him. "Druig if you don't want to stay then I'm coming with you." My breathing is shallow as I stare at him expectantly, "no you're not." My brows pull together, "you can't stop me, you can't just give up on us." He sighs as he looks at me, "I'm not giving up darling, you're not ready to leave them behind."