Chapter 5 - Unexpected meeting

Nat's POV

We are in the parking lot. It's taking Happy a long time to park the car because he and Tony are fighting about where the car should park.

I groaned, "Just park already, I wanna go to the mall already." I said.

"Yeah, how about you guys just park there?" Pepper suggested, pointing at a slot where no cars are parked there.

"That is a great slot" both Happy and Tony said in union.

After parking the car, we now entered the mall.

"It's been a long time since I came here," I said.

"Yup, same" Tony said.

"So, I have a list of what we will do here." Pepper said pulling out her list.

"Forget about the list, I wanna play in the arcade," I said with my puppy eyes.

"Yeah Pep, the arcade is great!" Tony said.

"Okay, fine" Pepper said rolling her eyes.

"After that, can we eat?" Happy asked.

"No," I said.

"But food is everything!" Tony said.

"Tony, we'll buy clothing first before we eat." Pepper said.

"Okay" Tony said.

We went to the arcade and we made a deal, whoever gets the most ticket wins and the loser will have to pay for everything that we will buy today. We also grouped ourselves, there are two teams, team Winner and team Boring. Tony and I are on team Winner, Pepper and Happy are on team Boring. Tony is the one who made the team's names.

We keep playing and playing, we don't really need to try hard because we all know who's going to win. What distracts me about being in the arcade is that I remember my dates with Steve. When we were dating, we usually go to the mall at night, go to arcades, go buy ice cream, and got to the park. How I miss those old times...

After me and Tony won, we went to buy clothes. But of course, Pepper and Happy are the ones is paying for everything.

"I want this!" I said taking the red and blue cute hoodie.

"3000 DOLLARS FOR A HOODIE?!?!" Pepper said almost shouting and I nodded.

"You know what, I don't care, Tony gave me lots of money anyways." Pepper said and I chuckled.

"How rude" Tony said jokingly.

"Guysss, I wanna eat now, I'm hungry," Happy said looking tired.

"Okay, we'll just pay for this and go somewhere to eat." Pepper said and we all nodded.

After Pepper pays those things, we went somewhere to eat. Somewhere fancy.

"I want pasta," I said.

"I want cheeseburgers," Tony said.

"I want the 2 piece chicken, 1 burger, pasta, and for my dessert...hmm...the chocolate pudding and ice cream." Happy said.

We all look at Happy.

"What?" He asked literally confused.

"All of those?" Pepper asked.

"Yes," Happy said.

"You are hungry," Me and Tony said looking at Happy weirdly.

"Imma go and order those now," Pepper said walking away.

After eating we waited for Happy to finish his rest, he's really full. And after waiting for Happy, we went to buy more things. Then we decided to go grocery shopping.

"Oh wait- I forgot about the other food that is on my list." Pepper said almost panicking.

"Don't worry, I'll get it. What are the missing ones?" I said.

"Well, I forgot about the 2 orange juice, 5 packs of ice cream, and 3 cartons of milk," Pepper said.

"Are they all in one isle?" I asked.

"No, the milk section is 3 isle away from the orange juices and ice creams," Pepper answered.

"Okay, I'll get those," I said.

"Want me to come and help you?"  Tony asked.

"Sure," I said.

While getting the Orange juices and Ice creams, I heard someone call my name.

Steve's POV

Me, Sam, Bucky, and Wanda are all going on a grocery together. We are being careful to not get caught.

Our last item is 10 buckets of ice cream...

"Do we really need 10 buckets of those?" I asked them, they all nodded.

"Yes, besides T'challa gave us much money," Sam said.

"Okay," I said.

We were going to the isle where the ice creams are...then I spotted a familiar red head.

"Nat?" I asked in disbelief, the woman turned around.

Nat

"Steve?" She said in disbelief.

"Nat-" I said quietly running up to her to hug her.

"Nat, I miss you," I said hugging her.

"Steve..." Nat said hesitating to hug me back but she did hug me back.

"Is something wrong? Are you okay?" I asked her with so much concern.

"Uhhh...I thought that you have someone new? Why do you still care about me? Or do you still really care about me?" Nat said sadly trying to not cry.

What?

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Steve-" Sam tried to tell something.

"Nat? Are you done-" someone said.

I look at the person and it's Tony.

"Tony?" I said.

"Steve? What the hell are you guys doing here?" Tony said.

"We're going to buy some groceries," Wanda said.

I notice that Nat looks like she's about to pass out.

"Nat? You okay?" I asked her.

"Don't touch me." She said in a very cold tone.

"Wait- did I do something?" I asked her completely confused.

"Don't act like you don't know, Rogers" She said in a very cold tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about Nat-" I said.

"Steve- We have to go," Bucky said.

"Wait- just wait-" I said trying to talk with Nat.

"JUST GO STEVE! YOU GUYS MAY GET CAUGHT!" Tony shouted but only us could hear.

"I- Nat-" I said hesitating if I should stay or not.

"Go now, Rogers, someone is waiting for you," Nat said not caring about the others right now.

"Steve-" Wanda said with a worried face.

"Go now, you guys might get caught," Nat said seriously but there's a worried tone in her voice.

"Fine," I said disappointed. 

Why is she acting like we're just strangers?