the party

"Alesia this is small?" I stare at my figure in the mirror. My body changed a lot in one summer. I don't hate it but I'm still growing comfortable in it. She's sixteen and seems to have everything figured out.

"It's not. You look gorgeous." She yells from the bathroom. I look much older. Maybe seventeen I can pass for. The top shows my tits and musically my entire back. The jeans shape my figure nicely. My dad thinks I'll be at her place. I don't like lying. I didn't even lie to him. She did all the persuading. I just sat there and listened while eating noodles.

She comes out with a two piece. A long skirt and toop top that's dark brown and goes amazing with her. She's really pretty. She knows she can get any guy. I think I've examined her type now. She always goes for the very quiet nerdy kind of guys. I think she's sick of seeing the ones who play with guns all the time. Either way her brothers will never approve.

"Let's go, no more talking." She grabs both our purses and like that we're in her car driving to a loud large mansion. The drive was kind of far and now I'm scared my dad will find out I'm doing something I'm not ever suppose to.

"It's okay, you'll be fine. We will be fine." She smiles and I do to as we walk up the stairs. Alcohol immodestly fills my nostrils. Overpowering in away. I don't like it. But I just smile. I smile as I'm handed a small shot. I feel uncomfortable in every way here. It takes me everything to not go to Alesia whose having fun and tell her to take me home. I hate the eyes I'm getting. I know her intentions are pure.

But it only took an hour for three shots to be down my throat and keep getting hit on. Every corner of the room it's either smoke or alcohol. Or pills or injections.

Every room is occupied. Every bathroom has a girl fixing themselves up. I eventually give up and go outside. Not the large pool where it's also crowded but to the complete back of the house where the music is canceled off by a lot. And there is a small garden. I take every deep breathe I can. I never knew fresh air can be so amazing. I check the time.

1:43am

"Should've stayed home." I mumble to myself. My back is pressed against the brick building. My mind is fuzzy and this isn't fun. I stare down at the grass overthinking everything. Yet my thoughts stop as soon as the breeze stops hitting me. An entire shield. I start at a pair or air Max's I'm sure. My eyes slowly move up long legs covered in black sweats. My eyes keep going up and seem to never stop till I'm at a face. He's wearing a black hoodie. The hood over his hair. My heart slows.

Those green eyes.

Goosebumps cover my body as I hear a gunshot. But not from him. Inside. Then another. Until an entire war starts. Screaming and crying. But I can't move.

"Let's hope your little friend doesn't get hit
inside." He smiles pulling out a pocket knife.

No way.

Even if I'm drunk.

Things have never been so clear.

The shots don't seem to stop. I've heard them so many times. It's the screaming and crying that hurts the most. He's suppose to be locked up...for life.

He takes my arm holding it in a tight grip sure to leave a hand print later on. My mouth parts as he uses the sharpest part to start cutting a deep wound. Right across my wrist as if I'd cut my own self. My skin burns and my tears fall slowly as blood starts to cover the knife and my wrist.

He does it again this time harder. Not expression on his face. The chaos still going on. What does he want me to do? When he's satisfied he stops. Letting go of me I hold my wrist where blood is spilling too much. He presses the knife against my neck slightly cutting.

"When your eighteen I'm going to murder you, same way your mother died. So go to sleep tonight with your mouth shut and your eyes open." He threatens against my ear.

"Serena."   

The word leaves his mouth with venom. A hatred. I'm left standing there. Again.

Not knowing what to do.

But the clearest thing is to not tell anyone this time.