the heartbreak

(please comment and vote!)

Marcel has left to do something. I'm here, basically babysitting his son. That seems to not like me. We've been okay. Things are really slow. But the way I've always wanted them to be. But it's only been a week. I'm healing. I cried. I forced myself to cry. I need to grieve instead of keep it in like I did with my mothers death. Should this death hurt more? I kind of blame myself for the accident. We could've made dinner at home. The homes under my name now. I didn't know he put his entire will for me. I'm thankful for. His fiancé moved across the country back to where she lived with her older kids. I think she needs that. We keep in touch but I know it'll die down soon. She was really kind.

My dad was kind. I wish he was there from the beginning. But they wanted different things. I know he was insecure or always overthinking if he was doing the job right. It was new to him. But he did good. I should've done better though.

Marco is doing math. I don't like math but I'm not bad at it. I'm majoring in journalism. I love writing and I'm happy I picked up on the passion again. I just want to write peoples stories and make audiences feel it.

"Do you like books?" I ask as he's sitting on his desk. I'm sitting on his bed. Very large room. For an almost eight year old.

"They're disgusting."

"Have you ever tried to read books?"

"You don't have to talk to me." He says not turning his back once to look at me.

"I want to talk to you though."

"Did my dad say to talk to me? Because he told me that you're sensitive and are hurting."

Sensitive.

"I'm not sensitive." I retaliate.

"You are, you got angry. You can't control your emotions."

"I'm sorry I'm not like your father."

"Don't talk about my dad."

He turns to look at me.

He's mad. And I'm annoyed. Marcel was correct. This boy is a lot.

"I like your dad and I think you should lay off the attitude."

"No one told you to have an affair with him. You're a kid as well." He's smiling. An evil smile.

Affair?

Your seven.

"It wasn't an affair."

"Lust?"

"No. It's complicated."

"Are you guys dating?"

No?

"Then nothing complicated, he doesn't owe you a thing. You can leave."

"Is there a specific reason you don't like me?"

"Yes."

"Please enlighten me." He's been standing up now. He's talk for a seven year old.

"He doesn't bring girls to this house. Ever. So it's either he's in love with you or he wants to kill you."

I'll go with the first one.

"I'm sorry if you think I'm stepping over your boundaries with your dad. I'm not going to change anything. I just wanted to talk to you. It seems disrespectful to me that I'm staying here and not even being able to talk to his own son. If you don't want me talking to you then it's understandable." I apologize. His posture softens.