Chapter 8

Chase's POV

I wake up from a loud siren noise. I sit up and look at the window, only to see Judy's dad stopping the police from coming in. "Shit!" I say to myself, jumping out from the bed. "Run Chase!" says Judy running towards me.

I jump out of the window and started running. I didn't look back, not even to see Judy's worried look. I hear crunch noise from twigs, coming from the right. "Chase Summers! This is the police! Stop now or we'll shoot!" says one.

"Shoot me then!" I scream while running. I trip one of the roots from the tree and fall down, but I instantly pick myself up hoping that the police won't catch me.

I hear more crunch noises. I run faster and faster and see a small barn and I go inside leaving the lights off.

I hide under the hays that were piled up into squares and stay silent. The door creaks open. "He's not here. Let's go check by the creek." says a police, and closes the door. 

I give a big, deep sigh and brush the hay off my shirt and decide to go back to Judy's house. I wait for a couple of hours, for the police might come back, but they didn't.

I run again, going back as fast as my legs could carry me. Wanting to see Judy's face again.

Judy's POV

Chase had been gone for hours. I decide to wait for him in the front porch with Chris. "Hey, you okay?" he asks, sitting down beside me. I curl up against him and lean on his neck. "Y-yeah. I'm fine."

I give a deep breath and smell his neck. "Do you want anything to eat?" he asks again. "You look like you're worried over something."

"Look Chris, I'm fine okay? No need to get hyped up when something's up." I say, almost angry. "Hold your  horses Judy. I'm just worried about you okay?" he says and leaves me alone in the porch.

I look at the bright sun, making my eyes hurt a bit, and hear footsteps coming from the inside. Chris clutches his bag tightly with his fingers.

"Look, tell me if you're cooled down. It's seems that you're angry with me." he says and goes to his car and starts the engine.

"Chris, wait!" I scream, but it was too late. He drives out of the driveway, leaving me without even a kiss or a hug. I cup my hands and cover my face. "What have I done? Ugh! I'm so stupid!"

"Yes. You are indeed stupid." a voice says on my right. I turn around to see who it was and see Chase standing beside the porch, smirking.

I stand up, balling my fists. "You- you idiot!" I scream, and turn away from him leaving him behind. I look back again to see his reaction, but no reaction came.

He holds the bars of the wood, and jumps on it. "Idiot eh?" he says.

"Yes eh?" I continue. "You are such an idiot to drink whiskey last night and got drunk, then throw all the bottles around the room and locked the door, then Chris and I have to get you out of that fucking, stinking room, and I have to tend to your wounds and Chris had to clean your  fucking room that smelled like fucking whiskey and you fell asleep without even brushing your teeth and changing your clothes, and when I woke up I hear the siren noise, and I went downstairs only to see my dad stopping the police, then I thought about what you did last night and I ran upstairs to tell you that the fucking police are looking for you and I told you to fucking run and-."

"Blah blah blah." he says but I continue lecturing him. He walks up to me, but I keep on talking. He grabs my chin without me realizing yet, and presses his lips against mine.

I muffle and punch his chest, but he instantly grabs hold of my wrists. His tongue goes inside my mouth. He tastes like whiskey. I yank some of his hair and he grabs hold of my hips and his fingers run down to my thighs. He continues swiveling his tongue in my mouth and I break our kiss.