Chapter 9

Chase's POV

I hear them both in Judy's room. I'm leaning beside the wall to Judy's room and I shift my head like something's been bothering me. I hear them exchanging their "I love you's" to each other. I furrow my eyebrows and walk away from Judy's room.

I arrive in my own room (the guest room) and taking a bottle of whiskey, I open the cap using my own teeth, tilting it. I spit the cap and take a drink. The alcohol burns, as whiskey runs down my throat, But I didn't mind. I drink since I was 13.

My parents didn't care. They never cared. They were all too busy to work instead of reprimanding what I did was wrong.

I rest my body on the bed, wanting to forget the kiss that happened earlier. I touch my lips, but the memories of earlier goes back in my mind.

"Bullshit." I say. "She doesn't love him. I know she doesn't."

I look at my hand and opening and closing it. "Tomorrow's my birthday." I say to myself. I give a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment, thinking of what to do tomorrow. Celebrating a party perhaps?

I drop the whiskey bottle on the floor and cover my eyes with my arms, making a cross arm position and fall asleep.

Judy's POV

I wake up at the noise coming from Chris' cellphone. The song was "Sugar Rush" which was a favorite of mine from a movie, "Wreck it Ralph". I sing the song saying the words half-asleep.

"S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing cars-!" I sing. I still feel sleepy so I decide to turn it off. I get it from his pocket and looked at a random number in the screen. I don't know who it was but I just turned it off anyway.

I snuggle in Chris' arms and go back to sleep, forgetting the random number.

I hear a noise again. But this time, it's different. It's a siren noise coming from the police car. I then remember Chase yesterday and try to warn him but my body was locked by Chris' arms. I wiggle slowly, trying to break free.

 I run to Chase's room and scream. "Chase!"

But it's too late. Chase's face is slammed to the floor, his hands in handcuffs is placed on his back.

"Chase Summers you are under arrest and you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." says a police. My dad runs to the police, defending Chase. "He's only 17 sir!" 

A police stops and we stop too. We hear a small noise and a police snoops down, searching for something in Chase's room and finds his cellphone ringing. He opens it and shows a sea of random messages from Chase's friends.

Happy 18th birthday Chase! - Rye

Yo man! Let's get laid on and fuck chicks! - Tyler the Asshole

I love you baby! Happy birthday!- Jen's my GF bitches! <3

Party party man! - Sammy Boy

Where the fuck are you man?! It's 12 in the morning! Let's celebrate you bitch! - Ethan the Dickhead

I run, pushing the policemen away. "So if he's 18," I pause. "He will be arrested?"

"I'm afraid so young lady." one of the police says, and taps on my shoulder. I push his hand away and kneel beside Chase, with his face still on the floor. "Ch-Chase? You okay?" He looks at me and says, "Of course I'm not okay."

I give a chuckle and run my fingers through my hair. "How did this happen?" 

"Does it look like I know what happened? God you're so annoying."