Chapter 14

"Hey Judy, check this out." Ian says, making milk come out of his nose. "Oh God, Ian that's disgusting. We're at the table so don't do that again." I say, wiping the nose milk from the table. Chase laughs. "Yeah. You better stop that Ivan."

"You too Chase." I say.

"What?!" he screams. "I was just laughing!"

I balled my fists and stand up from the table. "You just got out of prison mister! Straighten up your attitude if you want to live here in my house!" I say the words with anger boiling in my head.

He changes his expression. "Are you done?"

I nod. "Yes."

"Scolding fruitcake here is a good thing so that he can learn table manners." he pauses. "But let me say this.You can't just order people to change their expressions just because they live in your house."

"They laugh because they want to. They cry because they want to. And they scream because they want to. Nobody and not even you have the right to stop it." then he walks away from us.

Ian goes to my side and pats my shoulder. "Ignore him Judy." I shake my head. "N-no Ian. I was wrong. I'm sorry."

What Chase said, got me and he was right. I probably wasn't thinking straight of what I was going to say because of Ian and Chase's sudden arrivals.

I'm going to apologize to him. Even though I don't want to, but I have to. I go upstairs and open the door to the guest room, but it's locked. I knock and then wait for a reply. Chase opens the door and goes to his bed and rests his body down.

"I'm sorry Chase. What I said to you was wrong. And also-"

"You done?"

"Well,-"

"If you are then get the hell out of here." He gives me a glare and gives me a get-the-fuck-out-of-here look.

I glare back at him and stick my tongue out. "What is your problem Chase?! Do you want to push me away?!"

He twitches. "Did I even say that?!"

"Thought you'd say that."

"You assumed."

"Is it a sin?"

"To me yes."

"Goddammit, why do you have to be so damn uncompromising Chase?!

"It's the way I am." he smirks, making me uncomfortable. Every cell in my body itches because of just one stupid smirk.

"So you've changed huh?" I say coldly.

"Yeah."

"In a span of two fucking years in a slammer?! Just 3 walls and bars?"

"Yeah."

"Bullshit!" I cry. "What the fuck is wrong with you Chase?!"

"I don't know okay?! Just leave me alone." My tears start to escape my eyes. "So that is what you want huh? Solitude?"

I pause for a few minutes then open my mouth. "Fine. I'll give it to you."

I wait for him to go out of the room and I let my tears escape.

"Why is this happening?!" I cry, but I make sure that Chase or dad can't hear me crying.

The room was surprisingly quiet when I stop. The cold breeze of air surrounds my whole body in an instant.

Feeling the presence of mom.

Chase's POV

After walking out of Judy's room, I close the door but I stay beside it. I put my ear and listen to her. Crying.

I hear her sobbing and saying the same words over and over. I rest my head on the door. I didn't expect Judy to be emotional unlike two years ago. She never cried infront of me. She talked back, screamed, whined, but now, I just don't get it.

Did I change in a good way? Or in a bad way? That can't be true. I'm still me. I'm Chase fucking Summers. I don't give a fuck if I change or what.

Chris appears and walks up to me. "What happened?" he asks. I turn my back from him and slowly walk away. He taps my shoulder and says, "Stay away from my girl."

I make a sound. "Gladly." And I slowly walk away again. When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see fruitcake leaning against the wall.

"I've seen the way you look at her." he approaches. I wave my hand at him, making him go away but he didn't. "Stop it." I say. "You don't know who I am."

He smirks. "Oh I don't. But you know. You know who you are." Then he moves away.

~*Author's Note*~

Okay, this one's very late.... Sorry... I had school but now it's summer and I didn't write this for a month because I ain't inspired. Sorry. Again. So... This is it.... I'm lazy to write this note long because it's like 1:49 am here and I need to sleep. *Bows. Sorry. Again. For the long wait.