Chapter 1

"Hey, Dad, where are you going?" I ask bluntly to my dad, taking his jacket and searching his keys in his pocket.

"Somewhere. Why?" he asks questioningly. I take the remaining pizza from last night's dinner from the fridge to the oven, and set it on medium heat. "Oh nothing. Just wondering."

"Well then, I'll be back later. No parties, no alcohol and no boys in my house Judy. Only your "girl" friends okay?" Dad says with an iron look on his face. The oven rings and I take the pizza out. "You sound like you'll be gone for hours. What's up?" Dad frowns.

"Just do what I say okay? A friend of mine asked me a favor."

I switch the TV on. "Oh. Okay. See you later then? About what time?" Dad opens the front door, ready to go out. "About 8:00 in the evening. See you." I eat my pizza while searching for the remote. I didn't notice that dad already started the engine.

I wonder what he's up to? And what favor is it this time? My dad's too kind of a person resulting people to rely on him. I hope he's not going to be tricked by some asshole. Instead of finding the remote, I found my cellphone and decided to call one of my best friends, Ella.

"Hello?"

"Ella?"

"Oh hey Judy! What's up?"

"Just bored. Listen, my dad's not here. He'll be gone for twelve hours. You in?"

"Diddo girl! Should I bring some snacks?"

"Absolutely! Hurry!"

'"Okay okay!"

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up my phone and search for the remote again. Ella arrives just when I found the remote, chucked in the corner of the sofa. She grabs the snacks from the back of the car and heads to the front door. I reached my hand for the knob, open it and hug Ella.

"Ella! Perfect timing! I found the remote when you arrived." I say happily.

Ella nods. "Timing is everything."

Ella and I sit on the couch and look for a great movie to watch. I didn't want to let her watch The Rise of the Guardians, knowing that she might steal Jack Frost from me, so I kept the dvd in my room. Once again, perfect timing. Ella found an interesting dvd hidden below some other dvds. She hold it tightly showing it to me.

"What do you think it is?" she asks. "I don't know. Should we check it out?" I ask. Ella turns the dvd sideways, but no label or name was seen.

"I don't think so Judy." Ella says with a worried look.

"Okay then." I reply. "Choose another one." Ella found an interesting dvd. The Bourne Legacy. Wowie. One of my favorites just released.

I take the dvd from its case and put it in the dvd player. The snacks that Ella brought were too many so we didn't know what to choose." Lays!" I say. Ella chuckles and says, "Okay then. Make sure you finish it you fatass."

Both of us glare at each other, and we know excactly what it means.

"SPICY EATING CONTEST!" we both say.

Ella and I started this contest in 3rd grade, everytime she goes to my house and brought snacks with her. I'm determined to win for spice is my ally and it is Ella's weakness. Each of us have 3 bottles of water and a big bag of spicy potato chips.

"Ready?" I ask. "Set?" Ella asks back. "Go!" we both say. We eat while we're watching, and a handful of chips fell in the air into the sofa. The both of us start to throw chips at each other, making a huge mess in the living room.