Chapter 12

"C-Chase?" I ask. I'm not sure if it is him so I ask him anyway, my heart thumping loud. "It's just me." a familiar voice runs through my ears.

"Chris!" I run to him and give him a big hug. I wrap my legs around his waist and he twirls me around like a princess.

"I thought you're not gonna come 'til next week?!" I squeal, hugging him tight again. I remove my legs from his waist and I jump up and down like a small toddler seeing her mommy again. 

He's always full of surprises.

"I heard about your school on fire in the news so I decided to check if you're okay. I don't want to lose you Judy."

"Oh." is all I can say. Maybe I'm expecting something more? More than Chris? Chase? That can't be it. I shake my head. 

"You okay Baby Girl?" he asks, circling his palms around my shoulders.

I nod. "Y-yeah." He hugs me tight and I give him back a hug. "Oh Chris. I missed you. How many months has it been?" 

He thinks for a second. Holding his chin with his hand. "Two years baby."

I run my fingers through his soft, wavy hair. I step a few steps back and examine him, looking at him from top to bottom.

"What?" he asks. His eyes, look confusing which is cute. "You've become a man." I whisper in his ear.

"Not quite." he laughs. "You have." I insist. He laughs again. "Okay then. If that's what you say."

Chris' POV 

Seeing my Baby Girl's face again makes all the painful memories from Canada go away. She looks  like a little toddler. She raises her eyebrow and I ask. "What?"

"How did you get here by the way?" she asks, crossing her arms. I run my fingers through my tassled hair. 

"I was getting something to eat from the fridge when I heard about the news your school on fire so  called my jet to take me here."

I scratch my head and make a face. She smiles at me. "You're the most amazing guy I've ever met."

"Am I?"

"Absolutely." she says. "Come, you must meet my new friends!" She runs to get something from her room but I grab her arm.

"Hold it." I say.

"What?" 

I give a stern look. "It's already 10. Are you sure you wanna go out at this time of hour?" She shakes her head feeling depressed.

"No sir."

I laugh. "Cheer up Baby Girl. I'll stay here for a week anyway. In your house." She cocks her head up. "Really?!" 

I smile. "Absolutely."

She jumps up and down and the door suddenly swings open and a cold breeze circles the room making  the both of us shiver. 

"D-dad?" she asks. 

A figure comes closer to us and it turns out to be Mr. London. "Judy hey-" He stops. "Oh, hi Chris. Didn't know you were coming." He holds out his hand.

I push my hand for a handshake. "Oh, I'm sorry for intruding sir. it's just that I heard the news about Judy's school on fire." I pause for a moment. "I just wanna check if she's okay."

"Now that's damn surprising Chris. Flying away from Canada to see if my daughter was okay? Very surprising and pretty damn fine. It's sad because there are only a few men like you." he laughs.