Chapter 17

"Who knew pregnancy changes your body so much," Maya said as Josh looked at his fiance standing in front of a mirror.

"Gorgeous, any woman who is half way through their pregnancy will tell you it's an extremely bad idea to stand in front of a mirror. Come here," Josh said as Maya sat down next to him.

"What's really bothering you? It's certainly not what the mirror says," Josh said as Maya exhaled.

"I just remembered who I was a few years back. And it just came to me that Shawn won't be here anymore," Maya said.

"I know you're sad and still grieving about the whole thing. But I know if he could see you now he would be extremely proud of you. Look at how you've grown from the girl you were 7 years ago when we met. And I'm not talking about pregnancy growth. I'm talking about you," Josh said.

"Apparently Topanga is holding a baby shower for me next week and I don't know what to expect with everything going on," Maya said.

"Just enjoy it. It's your time to be spoiled and to just be happy. We're going to be parents and I know that might seem like a scary experience but I promise you, you'll love it," Josh said.

"I know I will. I know we will. And somehow I think we'll make amazing parents," Maya said.

"We will. I know it."