Chapter 23

"You know this is the first Christmas on nearly 3 years where your family are all in Northern America," Maya said as Josh looked at his fiance.

He was indeed happy that it was approaching closer to the Christmas season and that Maya was happy about it all, but he was also nervous about it being their first big Christmas in a few years.

"Yeah, which is why I'm nervous. Why are we decorating the apartment on the 11th of November? Christmas isn't for another 6 weeks," Josh said as Maya looked at him.

"Your family is always on top with this. Love, what's going on? For a Matthew not to be excited for Christmas isn't exactly a good thing. That's when we know something is wrong with you people," Maya said as Josh exhaled.

"I'm just nervous about seeing my family all together again. And... I don't want you to feel too overwhelmed. This time, 2 years ago, Shawn died. He wanted to protect you and keep you safe, yet he ended up dying and looked like he only cared for himself," Josh said as Maya exhaled.

"Josh Matthews, that is extremely considered of you, but I can't hide under a shell. I'm not a turtle and Life goes on. I'm excited to see your parents and so should you. Don't worry about all of this just yet. Everything will fall into place," Maya said as Josh smiled at her.

"Okay then. I'll try to cheer up. Come on. Let's go and get some food. I am starving," Josh said.

"So am I," Maya said.