Chapter 22

"You know you didn't have to drop out of being godfather just because of your girlfriend, right?" Maya said as Lucas looked at Maya.

"Yes, I did. It would have been unfair towards Andrew then. You guys should have gone with him and Riley from the beginning," Lucas said as Maya looked at Riley.

Although Maya was supposed to be mat at everything Riley did, she wasn't. Maya wasn't mad. Of course he would have loved if Jasmine was the godmother to her daughter, but Maya also at the same time knew that Riley was the best option. And she also knew that things would change quickly.

"I guess so," Maya said.

"Tell them the truth why you pulled it all back," Riley said as Lucas looked at Josh and Maya.

"My apologies for leaving you to deal with her. I'm going back to Austin. I don't know for ho mw long. If it's going to be permanent or temporary. For weeks or months. Pappy Joe needs help with the ranch and I can't let him down," Lucas said.

"Pappy Joe struggling?" Maya asked as Josh looked at his fiance.

"Could I get a recap? Who is Pappy Joe?" Josh asked.

"Lucas's grandfather, Love. Don't worry. We won't forget you. I hope you guys manage in Austin then. When are you leaving?" Maya asked.

"Yeah tell them when you're leaving. He's leaving on Saturday," Riley said as Maya could notice the upset voice.

"Riley, it's his family. You know he ould do anything for them," Maya said.

"Sometimes I hate that. Sometimes I love that," Riley said.

"Well, we will all take good care of your girlfriend. Don't worry," Josh said.

"Oh I won't. She'll find a way to keep herself busy. Like with a goddaughter on the way kind of busy," Lucas said.

"Oh! I got the most amazing idea for Lily. Come on. Let's go to my room," Riley said.