Chapter 26

Maya hoped that her daughter coming early wouldn't be the case. She had turned 19 and Josh turned 21 when she went into labor. The day that would have been Josh's birthday became his daughter's birthday as well. Josh smiled while looking at the sweet baby girl laying in the basket with flowers while Maya looked over her family.

"Maybe Valentine's day will suit Lily just fine," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"Lily, do you enjoy your birthday? Is Valentine's day okay?" Maya asked as she smiled.

"She looks just happy with it," Josh said smiling at his daughter.

"I know I've been very worried about Lily and how things will affect her. But it seems like she's just happy with the day. Aren't you, Lily Rose," Josh said as he smiled at his daughter and saw how his niece came into the hospital room.

"Can't stop her," Maya said as Josh exhaled.

"Why the hell didn't they want to let me in?" Riley asked as Maya looked at her.

"Because I just gave birth 15 minutes ago and wanted some time alone with Josh and Lily. I told you that. I told everyone that, but never mind," Maya said.

"I want to see my cousin," Riley said as she walked up to Maya and saw the little baby girl.

"She's adorable," Riley said.

"Yeah, she is," Maya said as she smiled.

"You can be slightly more respectful, Riley. We asked nicely for no visitors on the first day," Josh said.

"I'm sorry, but no one is keeping me away," Riley said.

"Josh is right. With the next child I'm not even telling you which hospital I'm going to because I really don't have energy for people," Maya said.

"I'm not people. I'm your best friend," Riley said.

"Still," Maya said.