Chapter 20

"Wait what!"

Of course Maya had known that Riley would be upset about not being godmother to her daughter. Maya and Riley have spoken about having each other as godmother to their children ever since they were young but what neither had really considered u til recently is that Maya and Riley would now become family which had meant that a lot has also changed for them regarding how life used to be.

"Jasmine is godmother? What happened to us saying that we will be our children's godmother?" Riley asked as Maha exhaled.

"Life. A lot has changed regarding everything that our lives have become. Riley, we aren't kids anymore. We're adults. And we need to make adult decisions," Maya said.

"And not making me godmother was one of them," Riley said.

"Yeah. Jasmine is godmother and regarding Lily's godfather. Lucas has been assigned that title. And that is us making process. Not slacking in our jobs," Maya said.

"It's because what I said last week. You were slacking. And suddenly doing one thing won't change that," Riley said as Josh came into the apartment.

"Hey, we need to go," Josh said as Maya nodded.

"We have a prenatal class for the pregnancy. Preparing for the birth, I guess," Maya said.

"If you need a birthing partner," Topanga said.

"Josh is going to be here. I'll see you guys," Maya said as she went out of the apartment.