Chapter 25

Maya watched as what she thought was her new life, was quickly coming down. It was Christmas and she was 31 weeks pregnant, but she didn't rest about what Alan had brought up weeks ago at Thanksgiving. His word went through her mind and although she knew he was only worried about his granddaughter not having the life that she should have, Maya felt like he took her on.

"Gorgeous, stop thinking about what I know is on your mind," Josh said as Maya looked at her fiance and smiled.

"Have you ever thought about with the next Christmas Lily will be 10 months old?" Maya asked as Josh smiled.

"I thought my father's words were on your mind. Okay. Yeah, I have. Being that when she is 10 months and having her first Christmas, sounds like me with my first Christmas," Josh said as Maya smiled.

"What is going to happen if she comes early? She could come on your birthday," Maya said as Josh chuckled.

"If Lily Rose is going to be a Valentine's Baby she won't like it. I never liked my birthday. It was always Valentine's related. I don't want that for her," Josh said.

"It's not to say that she will come on that day. But if she were to come early that could be possible," Maya said as Josh nodded.

"I know it's a possibility. The 14th and the 26th are just two weeks apart so it could be possible. But, I would like my daughter to have her own day. Something special for just her. To share it with someone or to have it on a day where they celebrate something. I don't know. It just seems kinda weird for me each year," Josh said as Maya understood where Josh was coming from.

"Maybe she'll be on time then or early. We just need to be prepared," Maya said.