Chapter 17- In A Dream

Tommy POV

Tommy spent nearly every moment he could practicing the piano, trying to play the notes that came from Kristen's song. It was the only thing he could do outside his room.

Wilbur helped him, playing the guitar as well. The song had originally been written for a guitar, since that was Kristen's instrument. 

He struggled a lot, never quite playing it right. 

After practicing for nearly the entire day, he would sleep, then repeat the process. The festival was only a few days away, so he could only hope his punishment would lessen then and he could visit Tubbo again.

Tommy dragged his feet back to his room after a long day of not figuring out anything. What was he doing wrong? Why didn't it sound right?

Crawling into bed, he closed his eyes allowing sleep to wash over him.

At first it was darkness, until there was suddenly light.

"Tommy."

Tommy opened his eyes, expecting to be in his room. Instead he was in a field. "Hello?" he called out. Where was he? Why was he here?

"Tommy." the voice called again. Tommy turned, his eyes widening at the sight of her. His mother.

"Mom." he whispered, unsure if it was really her.

"Hello Toms." she smiled, opening her arms as an invitation.

That was all Tommy needed to run to her, wrapping his arms tightly around her torso. She kissed his forehead, gently running her fingers through his hair. 

"Oh Tommy, you've been through so much." she whispered, holding him close. "I'm so sorry for everything you've suffered through."

"It was s-so hard." he whimpered, hiding his face.

"I know." she nodded in understanding. "I watched and prayed." 

"What did I do to deserve it all?" 

"You didn't deserve it." she shook her head. "You're father lost himself and blamed you for it. That's all. That was not your doing."

He pulled up, looking up at her. "You've been singing to me..."

"Yes." she smiled. "To remind you to be strong."

He sighed, looking at his hand. "Can I fix it?"

Kristen looked away, thinking for a moment. "You can try. I do not know if you will succeed or not. Philza is a stubborn man."

"I can hope though, right?"

"You can always hope." she smiled. "And with the help of your brothers, I'm sure you can manage." She looked away, deep in thought. "I feared they would never wake up. But I'm glad they did."

"Mom?"

"Yes, my son?" Kristen glanced at him.

"I miss you." he swallowed, trying to stop the tears.

"I do too." she told him, gently cupping his cheek. "I hope you know that I don't regret it. I don't regret saving you." She paused. "I knew Dream would find you and I knew you would be safe, even if I wouldn't be."

"I-I miss you so much." Tommy sobbed, bursting into tears.

"I love you my Tommy."

"I love you too Mom." he whispered, feeling the darkness wash over him once more.

--------------

Hope you liked it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy