'The third string' chapter 2

"Ohayou gozaimasu!~" "Ohayou" "How are you today?"----

Students greeting each other and chatting as they entered to the school.

After them the light blue haired boy walked in with a book in his hands,focused on it.

He walked along the halls,people not noticing him as he evaded people so he wouldn't get bumped.

He was almost at his class as he turned to the corner,just to get bumped by a huge teacher.

He was now sitting on the floor. He raised his gaze to look who bumped him. "Gomeen~,you are so small that I didn't see you" A purple haired male said as he took the book that had fallen to the floor.

Kuroko's eyes widened as he realized from the boy's uniform that he wasn't a teacher but a middleschooler like him.

How can a middleschooler like me be so huge?

The boy offered the book to him as he smiled wearily. "Want some candy?" "Huh?" "Here~" He gave few pockys to Kuroko. "A-Arigatou.."

Then the schoolbell rang. "Aah~ I have to go now..." The purple haired boy pouted and glanced at Kuroko. Well,if he was there. "Haah~ When did he go? Scary..." He mumbled and went to his class.

~~~~~~~

Kuroko stared outside from the window as he was sitting at the back of the class,on window place.

I don't feel sad but empty...Emptyness is all I can feel right now...

"Hey,(classmate's l/n) did you really end up to the third string?" "Yeah...I was rejected from the both,first and the second string..." "I'm sorry man..."

Kuroko heard two boys chatting near him at the next desks beside him.

"I guess it was naive to think that I could ever get to play on the first string.. " "But you have practiced so hard and I know how much you love basketball..."

"Well it wasn't enough it seems..." "But you know,you could improve and advance to the second string-" His friend chuckled bitterly "Don't give me that...It's unlikely to happen..This school has so much great players and I'm nothing compared to them-"

"No,(l/n)! I know you and I know you'll improve! Don't you dare to compare yourself to others...Besides you know the Teiko..Our motto "Hyakusenhyakushō" (ever-victourious) Our school is exceptionally strong..And here is taught that winning is everything and losing is unaccepted. We're against that thought,remember? Winning is not everything. It's the teamwork and passion towards something that you love from the bottom of your heart...And believe..It's the only way you'll improve. Believing yourself and that you can do it" The boy smiled to his friend who couldn't help,but to let the tears flow down his cheeks. "Arigatou...(l/n)"

~~~~~~

The third string...

Kuroko was walking along the schoolyard.

That boy clearly had the same thoughts as me...That he sucked and was nothing compared to others...I have to admit that his friend's words got me to think about this again...I don't know if I'll ever improve..If it's meant to be like this...But I still love basketball and if I'll be accepted to this school's club,I'll get to play at practices at least if not at games,but still.

With all these thoughts,the boy opened the gym's door and entered inside.